Jump to content
oneBoro Forum

Boro V Derby County 3-0 (Assombalonga, Clarke OG,Johnson)


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm in love with a 71 year old man ❤️ There, I said it!

Finally! Nothing to dislike about that whatsoever given what's available. Just hope we win with a good performance now so we don't go back to the same old at the weekend!

Posted Images

According to more than a few people on the DCFC forum there's a clause in Rooney's contract that says he has to be picked every game and can't be subbed off.

After last night's performance and seeing him blowing out of his *** after 55 minutes yet staying the full 90 minutes after they made ALL FIVE SUBS, I have a hard time believing that's not true.

60k a week, LMFAO

  • Like 3
  • Wow 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

According to more than a few people on the DCFC forum there's a clause in Rooney's contract that says he has to be picked every game and can't be subbed off.

After last night's performance and seeing him blowing out of his *** after 55 minutes yet staying the full 90 minutes after they made ALL FIVE SUBS, I have a hard time believing that's not true.

60k a week, LMFAO

Agreeing to a deal like that just shows how badly run Derby are. No publicity stunt is big enough for that club. If true that is. I suppose if he had any dignity he'd claim minor injuries.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just watched the highlights and a special mention to Saville for the assist to Marvin. It was very good vision and a perfectly weighted lofted ball. And I can't believe the rise of Bola. Huge credit to him and the coaching team. He's removed all our fears about being stuck with no real left back. That pass to Johnson for the second goal was great. Not the most difficult one but the way he controlled the ball, stalled and picked the pass instead of just hoofing it back into the area suggested confidence that he certainly didn't posess last season.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Typical that there were no streams available for our biggest win of the season (so far). 🙄

But reading some reports it looked like Derby made a good start. We scored rather against the run of play. They could have scored a couple of times second half before the OG, then Much Maligned Marvin wrapped up the points late on.

So I'm getting the impression Derby weren't exactly crap...they just had the same problem we've often had - i.e. unable to convert chances.

Anyway, good job lads. Nice that we were able to ensure they keep propping up the table. Hopefully that will help instil a bit more confidence and composure in our lads in front of goal.

Did NW change formation / tactics during the game, or were our subs like-for-like?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Agreeing to a deal like that just shows how badly run Derby are. No publicity stunt is big enough for that club. If true that is. I suppose if he had any dignity he'd claim minor injuries.

You'd think they'd have learned a lesson from John Terry signing for Villa (as I recall he didn't have much of an impact on the pitch for them).

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Typical that there were no streams available for our biggest win of the season (so far). 🙄

But reading some reports it looked like Derby made a good start. We scored rather against the run of play. They could have scored a couple of times second half before the OG, then Much Maligned Marvin wrapped up the points late on.

So I'm getting the impression Derby weren't exactly crap...they just had the same problem we've often had - i.e. unable to convert chances.

Anyway, good job lads. Nice that we were able to ensure they keep propping up the table. Hopefully that will help instil a bit more confidence and composure in our lads in front of goal.

Did NW change formation / tactics during the game, or were our subs like-for-like?

 

You are giving Derby way too much credit here. We didn't score aginst the run of play. We scored when the game was very scrappy and neither team could create anything at that time. Derby were very poor throughout the game but all teams get a few chances every game but they didn't really have any huge chances. It was a couple of half chances. They were crap.

Link to post
Share on other sites

If we'd beaten Norwich rather than them beating us, we'd be second in the table right now. I know football is full of what-if moments, but that's quite a significant one.

Even if automatic promotion is beyond our threadbare squad, we really do have an excellent chance of the play-offs. If we get there, I wouldn't want to be the opposition manager facing off against Neil Warnock as the teams march out at Wembley.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RiseAgainst said:

If we'd beaten Norwich rather than them beating us, we'd be second in the table right now. I know football is full of what-if moments, but that's quite a significant one.

Even if automatic promotion is beyond our threadbare squad, we really do have an excellent chance of the play-offs. If we get there, I wouldn't want to be the opposition manager facing off against Neil Warnock as the teams march out at Wembley.

Think our squad is too threadbare to make the playoffs in all honesty, I still see us finishing comfortably mid-table.

A few decent signings in January could change that but I don't see us spending.

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Borodane said:

You are giving Derby way too much credit here. We didn't score aginst the run of play. We scored when the game was very scrappy and neither team could create anything at that time. Derby were very poor throughout the game but all teams get a few chances every game but they didn't really have any huge chances. It was a couple of half chances. They were crap.

In fairness, both the BBC and Sky Sports reports make it sound like Derby were the better team before we scored, and Anglian didn't watch.

Not sure how they got that from match, but the reports do make it seem like Derby made more of a game of it.

I think that Sibley chance was the only time I really feared they'd score.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Typical that there were no streams available for our biggest win of the season (so far). 🙄

But reading some reports it looked like Derby made a good start. We scored rather against the run of play. They could have scored a couple of times second half before the OG, then Much Maligned Marvin wrapped up the points late on.

So I'm getting the impression Derby weren't exactly crap...they just had the same problem we've often had - i.e. unable to convert chances.

Anyway, good job lads. Nice that we were able to ensure they keep propping up the table. Hopefully that will help instil a bit more confidence and composure in our lads in front of goal.

Did NW change formation / tactics during the game, or were our subs like-for-like?

 

We didn't score against the run of play by any stretch. The game was pretty even up until that point, Derby were the ones not letting us get into any sort of rhythm, which is a sentence I didn't think I'd be typing any time soon. They had a couple of openings early on, a fizzed ball across the box and a long range effort that nearly crept in, but we had our own chances too.

Even in the 2nd half we took a little while to adjust to the Derby changes, so Sibley had a grade A chance almost immediately after coming on, and then one long range effort shortly after. Apart from those two Sibley efforts they created literally nothing.

Beyond that 10 minute spell in the second half, Derby were comfortably one of the worst teams I've seen play against us in a long time.

And yes, NW did change shape, but the subs were originally like for like. But when Derby went to 3 at the back (for some reason, they conceded the 2nd minutes after doing so), NW matched them by sliding Dijksteel inside to RCB again.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Think our squad is too threadbare to make the playoffs in all honesty, I still see us finishing comfortably mid-table.

A few decent signings in January could change that but I don't see us spending.

I don't see us spending either, but I could see us picking up a few freebies and loans. Roberts and Watmore have undoubtedly improved (and filled out) the squad, and another couple of short-term signings would make a huge difference for the rest of this season without breaking the bank.

In an ideal world, SG would give NW some money to spend to build on what he's already achieved (which is a transformation on last season), and avoid over-reliance on players who might not be here next August. However, it'd take a brave chairman to sanction spending until COVID is in full retreat. January will probably be a bit too early for that, but hey, a boy can dream. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Regarding january I think there will be quite a few players on frees. Players like Bolasie who is never going to get a squad number might be paid off the leave. Everton have no interest in keeping him if no clubs will contribute to his wages so might find it better to reach a compromise with the player. There are going to be cases like that all over. With a healthy payoff those players might be interested in signing for us. Or on loan for the rest of their contracts meaning their parent club won't take a hit on the books by just releasing them while they have a value. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Think our squad is too threadbare to make the playoffs in all honesty, I still see us finishing comfortably mid-table.

A few decent signings in January could change that but I don't see us spending.

Mid table is prob exactly where Mr Gibson want's us Denzel...Promotion nearly finished this club a few years ago 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites


×
×
  • Create New...