oneBoro Forum

Boro V Derby County 3-0 (Assombalonga, Clarke OG,Johnson)

What more ?  One game,  one assist

What more do you lot expect ?

If the rest of the guys got an assist every time they played we would be top of the league

Lets be realistic.  He's clearly not fit for 90 minutes but lets assume he will get better and fitter game by game then we can assess what we've got but if we can get one assist every time he plays, he'll be a big help

• Like 3
  • Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm in love with a 71 year old man ❤️ There, I said it!

Finally! Nothing to dislike about that whatsoever given what's available. Just hope we win with a good performance now so we don't go back to the same old at the weekend!

Posted Images

19 hours ago, Dan1234 said:

Just a FYI, between Vipbox, USAGOALS and Soccer24HD I've found a stream for every match so far of varying quality. The stream last night on Soccer24HD was perfect. 

Cheers - I normally use either USAGOALS or Cricfree. Never heard of the others, but will check them out.

1 hour ago, Rishworthian said:

What more ?  One game,  one assist

What more do you lot expect ?

If the rest of the guys got an assist every time they played we would be top of the league

Lets be realistic.  He's clearly not fit for 90 minutes but lets assume he will get better and fitter game by game then we can assess what we've got but if we can get one assist every time he plays, he'll be a big help

Our big issue is creating chances and putting them away. As well as the assist, there was one time when Britt shot just wide that Watmore had steamed past him on outside and was in a better position, so I think as he gets fitter he will prove to be a big asset.
I think on this one showing he was adding to team just where we needed. With five subs we can afford to include a player who is not going to play the full ninety minutes at moment. For example if we wanted to, we could play him first half and Roberts second half and keep some pressure on the opposition defense through speed and skill on ball. I’d like to see at least  one of them on pitch all the time most matches.

• Like 2

Watmore definitely looked tired but that is to be expected not having played competitively for so long. As ScarBoro said his assist was a huge improvement and that opportunity when Britt swivelled and put it past the far post Watmore was in the perfect position to receive it.

I often bash Britt but I get that as a Striker they should be instinctively greedy and want to score goals but he should have laid it off for Watmore. Having said that Britt probably isn't used to having someone to lay it off to that far forward.