oneBoro Forum
Downsouth

Boro V Derby County 3-0 (Assombalonga, Clarke OG,Johnson)

2 hours ago, Downsouth said:

Sadly this is not a red button game only way to watch is to pay the £10.00 to MFC or watch goals as they go in on Sky Sports

Nooooooooo

Does anyone else think Gillette Soccer Saturday/Special is absolutely crap these days? It feels like they've got rid of their experienced pundits in the interests of diversity, but the new team just aren't articulate and engaging enough to carry the show. Ironically, they've kept Merse, who was the only inarticulate member of the old studio panel...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

Does anyone else think Gillette Soccer Saturday/Special is absolutely crap these days? It feels like they've got rid of their experienced pundits in the interests of diversity, but the new team just aren't articulate and engaging enough to carry the show. Ironically, they've kept Merse, who was the only inarticulate member of the old studio panel...

I've not watched it since our matches have been available for streaming, so I can't comment on the quality, but could it just be that it'll take them time to gel and get to grips with the job?

The previous panel worked together for years and had a rapport based off that. This lot have had a few months. 

2 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

I think it’s crap now but I’m struggling to think they changed the line up for diversity reasons (although it’s tricky to think of another reason that Clinton Morrison kept his role) Tim Sherwood, Tony Pulis are absolutely dreadful. If they did want quality presenters/pundits to add diversity I would’ve broke my neck to get any of Ian Wright, Micah Richards And moved Kammy in to the studio. Also I think Alex Scott is brilliant and would be great on the show

The way results have gone tonight makes a win vital to keep pace with teams above us..  don't need any gaps opening up (except at bottom of table)

19 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

The way results have gone tonight makes a win vital to keep pace with teams above us..  don't need any gaps opening up (except at bottom of table)

We'll win, don't worry about it 💪

I’ll be paying the cash for this. I should’ve just bought the bloody season pass....

either way, I can’t see whatmore and roberts both starting, but I’m all for this being a Roberts game. I reckon we will be pressing high up the pitch, so having him on the ball in the final third would be perfect. Aside from that, both saville and McNair were visibly struggling towards the end of the last game, I reckon there might be some rested legs....

10 hours ago, Changing Times said:

We'll win, don't worry about it 💪

Just as long as we don't lose😬

13 hours ago, RiseAgainst said:

It’s pretty bad yes after being brilliant. If they wanted to change the lineup they should have phased them out 1 at a time so it wasn’t noticeable. The wholesale changes have just ruined it completely for a lot of people. 

14 hours ago, RiseAgainst said:

It was only ever good because of the chemistry between Jeff and the pundits. A  football show without any football had no right to be so entertaining. 

They weren't the most insightful pundits around but that was part of the fun. You could tell they were enjoying themselves and all genuinely loved the game. 

• Like 1

Got to be putting derby to the sword like teams were doing to us last season. Although at least our ex-pro manager last season had done some of his management badges. Sounds like Rooney just has his 1.5 GCSEs (PE and the first half of legal studies - I hear he's helping his wife out). I dont believe you can be an effective manager these days from on the pitch, especially when you're thick as a plank. 

It's a shame we won't have fans in the Riverside, I imagine some of the chants aimed at Rooney would have been amusing. 

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, Hewie said:

I’ll be paying the cash for this. I should’ve just bought the bloody season pass....

either way, I can’t see whatmore and roberts both starting, but I’m all for this being a Roberts game. I reckon we will be pressing high up the pitch, so having him on the ball in the final third would be perfect. Aside from that, both saville and McNair were visibly struggling towards the end of the last game, I reckon there might be some rested legs....

Being an old Technophobe I'd be lost trying to get this match on If I paid for it 

3 hours ago, Barnaby said:

Being an old Technophobe I'd be lost trying to get this match on If I paid for it 

3 hours ago, Barnaby said:

As much as I'd like to

Edited by Barnaby