oneBoro Forum
Downsouth

Boro V Derby County 3-0 (Assombalonga, Clarke OG,Johnson)

Derby bottom of the league with one win, and a crap  goal difference, it'll be very disappointing if we can't turn these over especially on our own patch, anything other than a win is a failure IMO, and not acceptable.

• Like 1

The way the results went last night a win is now imperative if we are to keep momentum and belief going. A draw or perish the thought a defeat would be nothing short of disastrous. It does make you wonder "what if" at Blackburn had we seriously went for it. Of course we could have and then equally we could have lost but at some point NW has to start delivering a few wins which means he needs to change things at the sharp end. No better time to do it than tonight against what is currently the worst team in the Championship.

• Like 2

Historically this is the sort of team we struggle against, but it is in our favour that they will not be coming here for a point as only a win benefits them. If we use the pace we have effectively and sit on their danger men, then the odds should be in our favour as I cannot see Warnock settling for a draw in this game. Might not be a big win, but if we can get a goal in the first twenty minutes, their confidence will not be boosted and we won't be on the edge of our seats for 90+ minutes. 2-0 should be possible and anything extra would be great.

2 hours ago, Old Codger said:

Historically this is the sort of team we struggle against, but it is in our favour that they will not be coming here for a point as only a win benefits them. If we use the pace we have effectively and sit on their danger men, then the odds should be in our favour as I cannot see Warnock settling for a draw in this game. Might not be a big win, but if we can get a goal in the first twenty minutes, their confidence will not be boosted and we won't be on the edge of our seats for 90+ minutes. 2-0 should be possible and anything extra would be great.

I know what you mean, Rooney scores, suddenly there's 11 men behind the ball an we're up the creek and no paddle,That's my fear

2 hours ago, TheJew said:

0-3 Derby

Generous! I saw one optimist on their forum predict a 1-4 win for them.

1 hour ago, Barnaby said:

I know what you mean, Rooney scores, suddenly there's 11 men behind the ball an we're up the creek and no paddle,That's my fear

Jim Carrey Omg GIF

That would be the "typical Boro" horror show.

This is the most I've expected Boro to win in a long long time. It has to be a win tonight we have to make the rams look like lambs to slaughter! 

Can't wait to see the starting lineup as will there be big changes after the loss in last game & those that caused it.

1 minute ago, straight6 said:

Can't wait to see the starting lineup as will there be big changes after the loss in last game & those that caused it.

Coulson didn't start?

Roberts for Spence would be my only definite change.

Though I do think McNair needs a break at some point, and it'll be good to get Morsy back in to.