oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window 2021 AKA "Didn't we do well"

47 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

I was thinking an offer more like £10K but then again I don't think he has fit into any Manager's system since he has been here so unless we build a team around his strengths I don't see what he brings to the table. Due to those limitations I would let him go in January if someone did offer him something just to save on the rumoured £35K a week (around a £1M of wages saved).

It would leave us light on Strikers but I reckon we could take a budget gamble elsewhere and save ourselves a fortune and be no worse off. Its not going to happen of course as nobody will buy anyone who has 6 months remaining of a contract, they will just sign a pre agreement but if they did urgently want him I wouldn't stand in his or their way.

A Premiership loan could more than adequately cover plus Fletcher would be returning soon.

I thought he was on 40k hence why I thought 25k was a decent compromise. He's still a good striker at this level and can easily get a better deal than 10k elsewhere on a free. But likely not more than 25 k though. English clubs can't sign anything with him before june, so if a lower prem would want him they'd have to pay now not to risk being overbid in the summer. I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if some lower Prem club would take a look at offer something like 3-4 million which we should seriously consider. We can only hope that a large part of the 15 million fee to forest was based on promotion.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can’t believe that people on here are condemning a possible signing because of rumours that he dealt drugs.    One thing or squad is crying out for is someone that can distribute well 😳

Fletcher is close to signing a new contract.

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Dan1234 said:

Yea I thought it had been mentioned a few times about a years option on both his and Fletchers deals. Seems mental we would let both go for free especially when neither are indispensable. 

That would certainly makes sense. Otherwise im sure there would be a lot more coming out about urgency to sign or to sell in summer. 

Id like Fletcher to sign long term. 

1 hour ago, Borodane said:

He's never going to get the same contract anywhere else, so perhaps he'd be open to a new three year contract on say 25k instead of risk being without a club in the summer. Just this season it's become pretty apparent that a lot of players find it hard to get contract offers. I would still assume that he will get offers on a free, but not close to what heis on here. If he is happy he could well think that we will offer him the best deal perhaps with a Prem club release clause.

AFAIK 25k would still be over the wage cap we want to have in place ASAP.

25k a week is not a decent compromise, it's far too much.

In his time here you can probably count on one hand the number of times he's been involved in the build up of a goal that he hasn't scored himself (off the top of my head, I can only picture the goal in the 2-2 against Hull) and I don't think there are many goals he's created out of nothing.

I think it's inevitable that when he does leave he'll continue to score goals and people will create threads bemoaning the fact that we let him go, but I just don't think he's complete enough as a player.

I'll back him whilst he's here, and I'll continue to back him if the club does offer him a new contract, but I'd probably sooner have Fletcher leading the line.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

In his time here you can probably count on one hand the number of times he's been involved in the build up of a goal that he hasn't scored himself (off the top of my head, I can only picture the goal in the 2-2 against Hull) and I don't think there are many goals he's created out of nothing.

I think it's inevitable that when he does leave he'll continue to score goals and people will create threads bemoaning the fact that we let him go, but I just don't think he's complete enough as a player.

I'll back him whilst he's here, and I'll continue to back him if the club does offer him a new contract, but I'd probably sooner have Fletcher leading the line.

Yeah I get that 25k is perhaps too much, but while he has his flaws we're not going to be able to replace him without spending decent money. I really don't want to lose someone we paid so much for on a free transfer. We have to get something from him, and a longer contract on lesser terms than the current one might satisfy both parties. 

1 hour ago, TeaCider24 said:

Going from £40K p/w to £25k p/w would be a good compromise based on the figures, it equates to a 40% wage reduction, roughly.
Almost certain none of us would agree to that in our jobs, and potentially Britt may not either (Cue him signing a new 5 year deal tomorrow).

But paying Britt £25k p/w is not value for money, we don't and haven't ever really played to his strengths and due to that his goal output isn't the best. If we focused the team around him and played a style that suits his, he'd be worth £25k p/w, but I cannot see that happening.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

To be honest i'm not sure who'd even want to buy Britt

You always get the struggling Prem side looking at the championship in january to see if they can beef up their strikeforce. Britt is a decent striker and will always score goals. Even if the club is relegated you can count on having a good striker for a promotion push. Teams like Burnley, Fulham, WBA and Sheffield aren't going to attract much talent from abroad in their situation so might be more enclined to look domestic and who could help them if they get relegated.  They could match his current contract and he'd probably be open to a relegation wage reduction clause as come summer he won't be able to find a club that will match his current contract anyway.

23 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Could be in the hunt for a goalkeeper, prem interest in betinelli. They've clearly just looked at his clean sheet record without realising he's had next to nothing to do most of the time!

He'd be daft to leave unless he was guaranteed to be starting, and even then it's a risky move.

He rarely has much to do here, but he's repairing his reputation and he'd have to have a fair few shockers to be dropped.

He'd not have that luxury in the PL.

• Like 1

Wonder if we will be in for a CB given Grant Halls on-going injury issues.

How is Charlie Goode getting on at Brentford? He not in squad tonight and does not appear to have an injury. He effectively 4th choice i think.

I see Ayala has missed more games than he has played for Blackburn as well 

• Like 1
  • Tom locked this topic