oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window 2021 AKA "Didn't we do well"

Someone tell them that Britt could be snapped up for a bargain £15m...  or we could do a straight swap for Coutinho or Griezman..although they might not be able to cope with a Wednesday night in Preston 🙂

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can’t believe that people on here are condemning a possible signing because of rumours that he dealt drugs.    One thing or squad is crying out for is someone that can distribute well 😳

Fletcher is close to signing a new contract.

Posted Images

9 hours ago, TheJew said:

We should be playing Wing.

Grosicki and Bolasie are the two we were after before.

Look, I've been conducting the Lewis Wing hype train since his arrival, but why should we be playing him? His performances have fallen off a cliff, as sad as it is to say. 

We should be playing two of Howson, Sav and Morsy with Roberts in front of them as a true number 10.

• Like 3
11 hours ago, Brunners said:

We should be playing two of Howson, Sav and Morsy with Roberts in front of them as a true number 10.

It was ironic that Woodgate's best spell came when injuries meant he was forced to bring in the young lads around this time last year. Now that Howson is seemingly crocked it may mean that Wing gets his game or that we see Tav or Roberts drafted in to play the No.10 role.

If Dijksteel is still struggling then we may also see a switch to a back three. The frustration for me with the majority of Managers (not just Boro ones) is that they seem wedded to a principle and when it isn't working for whatever reason they don the blinkers and ear muffs and still persist in the hope that luck will break in their favour. Changing things around is a managerial skill and an example of ability in dealing with changing circumstances yet Football Managers seem to think its an acceptance of failure for some bizarre reason. 

• Like 1

Warnock has said he hopes a deal for Bolasie is still possible.

"Warnock asked if Yannick Bolasie deal is still possible: “I hope so. I’ve not heard anything at the moment but Steve knows we need a bit of hope. We need good attacking wide players who are going to create goals.” #Boro"

• Thanks 1
On 12/10/2020 at 12:06 AM, DurhamRed said:

I liked De Roon as a person wish him well hope he get's to Barca. His last minute header at the Etihad was one the best moments of that season like

You hope he gets to Barca? Thats more like a punishment the way things are going for them at the moment. 😁

• Haha 1
13 hours ago, Brunners said:

Look, I've been conducting the Lewis Wing hype train since his arrival, but why should we be playing him? His performances have fallen off a cliff, as sad as it is to say. 

If he was playing regularly he may find a bit of form.

Why should we play him? He offers more goal threat than our other players (not just Midfielders). If we are playing 2 holding, its ideal for him to play more advanced with 2 of Roberts/Watmore/Tav/Johnson wide of a striker.

1 hour ago, TeaCider24 said:

Warnock has said he hopes a deal for Bolasie is still possible.

"Warnock asked if Yannick Bolasie deal is still possible: “I hope so. I’ve not heard anything at the moment but Steve knows we need a bit of hope. We need good attacking wide players who are going to create goals.” #Boro"

We have a certain someone sat on the bench for this 🙄

Yes it's back love the transfer thread 😀 only real thread I contribute to.  Kept me entertained last lock down.  Personally hope for two wingers bolasie another.  Can't really fault the season so far massive improvement from last.  Utfb and the playoffs.

• Like 1
  • Tom locked this topic