oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window 2021 AKA "Didn't we do well"

I really really hope we’re not paying 24,5k a week on Betinelli and leaving 12,5k on the bench. Betinelli isn’t nearly worth that and to spend 37k on two keepers a week in our position is just bad. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can’t believe that people on here are condemning a possible signing because of rumours that he dealt drugs.    One thing or squad is crying out for is someone that can distribute well 😳

Fletcher is close to signing a new contract.

Posted Images

26 minutes ago, Borodane said:

I really really hope we’re not paying 24,5k a week on Betinelli and leaving 12,5k on the bench. Betinelli isn’t nearly worth that and to spend 37k on two keepers a week in our position is just bad. 

I would agree with you on that @Borodane It’s huge money for two keepers in our situation 

Also Warnock said he was talking to a top Premier league club regarding a centre back before the window closed.

He said the player didn't come, but did end up playing in the Champions league a few weeks later.

Only player I can think of is Rhys Williams (Not our ex-pro the Aussie) at Liverpool he got a run of 3 games for them in the CL.

8 hours ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

@Blanco I wouldn't put too much faith into those figures. I imagine a few are close, but equally I imagine a few are well wide of the mark.

That said I doubt any of us will actually know the figures, so it's all guess work from all of us anyway. 

I wouldn’t either Dan but it was sent to me and as you were discussing Roberts wages I thought I would share it

• Like 1
9 hours ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Also Warnock said he was talking to a top Premier league club regarding a centre back before the window closed.

He said the player didn't come, but did end up playing in the Champions league a few weeks later.

Only player I can think of is Rhys Williams (Not our ex-pro the Aussie) at Liverpool he got a run of 3 games for them in the CL.

Philips at Liverpool, would be my guess

9 hours ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

@Blanco I wouldn't put too much faith into those figures. I imagine a few are close, but equally I imagine a few are well wide of the mark.

That said I doubt any of us will actually know the figures, so it's all guess work from all of us anyway. 

Yeah I'm leaning towards thinking that those might be close to Betinelli and Roberts wages at their parent club but we're only paying a portion of that. 

11 hours ago, edinboro said:

I think with Roberts 2 things are at play.

Watmore is a better player.

Tavernier works harder.

Shame but football isn't complicated.

Watmore is also due to him being a harder worker, Warnock has already said that. I don't think either is a better player than Roberts but both will cover more grass which is what our manager wants. Like Wilson I'm just completely baffled that he brought him back at all, what an utter waste for him and for us. I just hope this one doesn't bite us as badly as the Harrison one ended up doing.

9 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Watmore is also due to him being a harder worker, Warnock has already said that. I don't think either is a better player than Roberts but both will cover more grass which is what our manager wants. Like Wilson I'm just completely baffled that he brought him back at all, what an utter waste for him and for us. I just hope this one doesn't bite us as badly as the Harrison one ended up doing.

I don't think it will. We aren't the first team and Warnock isn't the first manager who have decided that Roberts doesn't deserve a place in the first team.

2 minutes ago, Will said:

I don't think it will. We aren't the first team and Warnock isn't the first manager who have decided that Roberts doesn't deserve a place in the first team.

True, but he is a couple of years older and the other clubs were playing top flight football. 

13 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

True, but he is a couple of years older and the other clubs were playing top flight football. 

Yeh I'm not saying for certain, and I'm certainly not defending Warnock on this. I like Roberts, and I think we've sold him up the river a bit this season, I just find it hard to see him carving out a PL career based on what we've seen and heard from some of his managers.

Just now, Will said:

Yeh I'm not saying for certain, and I'm certainly not defending Warnock on this. I like Roberts, and I think we've sold him up the river a bit this season, I just find it hard to see him carving out a PL career based on what we've seen and heard from some of his managers.

I think he'll make it, and at the very worst he'll be a top end championship player. His next move is massive though, needs to make it count. 

• Tom locked this topic