oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window 2021 AKA "Didn't we do well"

6 minutes ago, Snowblind said:

I believe it's to do with Brexit, not Covid.

Yeah. The Norwegian league is done anyway. But because of brexit there is not going to be many international transfers. 

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can’t believe that people on here are condemning a possible signing because of rumours that he dealt drugs.    One thing or squad is crying out for is someone that can distribute well 😳

Fletcher is close to signing a new contract.

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Snowblind said:

no  - he is quoted as saying he wouldn't sign anyone without seeing them play and he couldn't do that at moment because of Covid. Did say Brexit also made it more difficult though - but presumably the recruitment team still thought the potential signing could get through the new rules or Warnock wouldn't have been thinking of going to see whoever it was..

17 minutes ago, Snowblind said:

Good. Bloody foreigners coming over here making our league the best in the world with their world class managers and flair and turning our home grown talent into proper professionals 😡

• Haha 2
35 minutes ago, ScarBoro said:

no  - he is quoted as saying he wouldn't sign anyone without seeing them play and he couldn't do that at moment because of Covid. Did say Brexit also made it more difficult though - but presumably the recruitment team still thought the potential signing could get through the new rules or Warnock wouldn't have been thinking of going to see whoever it was..

9 minutes ago, Brunners said:

He said that he doesn't want to travel at the minute because "it's too dangerous" so it's 100% covid related.

Ah - that wasn't quoted in the report I saw. That went on about the FA's agreement with the Home Office which is going to make it significantly more difficult for EFL sides to sign foreign players.

Either way I think we can kiss goodbye to seeing many foreign transfers into the Championship for quite sometime. 

• Like 1

As it stands right now, that seems a definite. Things could change in the years to come as things get ironed out in terms of new immigration policies and however that works but certainly for now, bringing in players from the EU could be just about as difficult in terms of permits as players from outside of the EU. Given immigration was a big factor in determining the Brexit result, I can't imagine we're gonna see anything particularly lenient, especially for clubs in the Championship and below.

Warnock said he'd spoken to a player from abroad last week but he couldn't speak a lot of English. He also said he doesn't think it's fair to spend that sort of money on a player without seeing them play. Any ideas on who that could be? He said unlikely that we'll sign him because of the pandemic and getting out to the country to watch him.

8 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

Warnock said he'd spoken to a player from abroad last week but he couldn't speak a lot of English. He also said he doesn't think it's fair to spend that sort of money on a player without seeing them play. Any ideas on who that could be? He said unlikely that we'll sign him because of the pandemic and getting out to the country to watch him.

Well he's not Dutch or Scandinavian then, they can speak English better than us

• Like 2

Apparently Adama Traore is ready to leave Wolves. Wonder if Steve Gibson would care to cash in a few share options and sell the Rolls to bring him home?

(I know he's far too good for Boro now, but it'd be beyond brilliant to see Adama tearing the Championship a new one).

I’ve just watched the video of Neil Warnock answering questions from Boro fans. He was once again singing Sean Morrison’s praises. He’s out of contract in the summer so I’m imagining we’re going to be desperate to sign him if Warnock is here next season.

Another thing which stood out to me was Warnock saying that we’re very interested in two wingers who are available on free transfers in the summer also. One is obviously going to be Bolasie. I’m thinking the other one could be Adam Reach as he’d be a fantastic bit of business for us.

55 minutes ago, p_mards said:

I’ve just watched the video of Neil Warnock answering questions from Boro fans. He was once again singing Sean Morrison’s praises. He’s out of contract in the summer so I’m imagining we’re going to be desperate to sign him if Warnock is here next season.

Another thing which stood out to me was Warnock saying that we’re very interested in two wingers who are available on free transfers in the summer also. One is obviously going to be Bolasie. I’m thinking the other one could be Adam Reach as he’d be a fantastic bit of business for us.

I'd love Morrison. Really good defender and the best player in the air in the Championship for me.

Edited by Whoppy
  • Tom locked this topic