• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can’t believe that people on here are condemning a possible signing because of rumours that he dealt drugs.    One thing or squad is crying out for is someone that can distribute well 😳

Fletcher is close to signing a new contract.

Posted Images

These sound like they're made up quotes but apparently they're real 😂

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2020/12/24/theres-a-chance-everton-player-admits-he-could-be-on-the-move-in-january/

"Speaking on the Beautiful Game Podcast, Yannick Bolasie has admitted that there’s a chance he could join Middlesbrough in January.

“No, no, right now I would say no, but it might be later on, it might be past Boxing Day,” Bolasie said.

“Man’s looking forward to it, man’s going to see init, you know obviously there’s a chance that man could go to Middlesbrough, but in my heart, things have to be right, and it’s not just pack your bags and jump into this club like it has been the past three times.”

1 hour ago, Hendrie_7 said:

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2020/12/24/theres-a-chance-everton-player-admits-he-could-be-on-the-move-in-january/

"Speaking on the Beautiful Game Podcast, Yannick Bolasie has admitted that there’s a chance he could join Middlesbrough in January.

“No, no, right now I would say no, but it might be later on, it might be past Boxing Day,” Bolasie said.

“Man’s looking forward to it, man’s going to see init, you know obviously there’s a chance that man could go to Middlesbrough, but in my heart, things have to be right, and it’s not just pack your bags and jump into this club like it has been the past three times.”

Reading that article do you he’s the player that Warnock was talking about? The one that couldn’t speak much English and that he needed an interpreter 🤷‍♂️

• Haha 3

Just caught up on this thread after 3 days. Very interesting thread and lots of very good points expressed. Much better than previous transfer threads. It must be the Warnock Factor.

Merry Christmas to all.

UTB

8 hours ago, Hendrie_7 said:

I watched that interview and it sounds like he was really up for the move and gutted it never happened. I hope we try again as if warnock can get him firing I’d really fancy us for the play offs.

On 12/24/2020 at 11:33 AM, Erimus 63 said:

I wish fans would stop saying we don't have any money. We do. It's just that Gibson has decided to drip feed as little into the club as possible. Well it's his club he can do what he wants. Good job we have a decent manager in charge. In Warnock we trust.

UTB

My apologies. Having not left many posts, I forgot to take into account how literally the odd person can take things. Even with a smiley face next to it, to suggest I’m not being totally serious. A lesson learned, no doubt 😁. I just meant that we don’t have the money to compete with a Premier League club if they wanted the same player on loan as we did. If his wages are anywhere near the reported 75k per week. Let’s say we offer to pay 30k towards it and a Premier League club offers to pay the lot, then we simply can’t compete, whether we actually have the money is pretty irrelevant. It’s what we’re willing to spend or are allowed to spend to keep within FFP. Not to mention the fact that the Premier League is a far bigger shop window for a player coming to the end of his contract. In one of my few previous posts, I had actually said ..... ‘It’s a fair point. We’re not gonna get relegated, so we don’t need to spend to survive, but if we’re in a decent position this time next month, SG might just make a few quid available for a promotion push. Nothing too exciting, but enough to get a few bodies in that will help the squad and not break the bank. I think SG sometimes likes to see how we’re doing before splashing a bit o cash in January. It’s not the ‘not having funds available’ I’m worried about. It’s the clubs ability to identify the right players and then get the deals over the line I’m worried about. I really don’t think Warnock came here just to sit in mid table obscurity, (especially when we have a great chance of making the play offs) so I’m pretty sure he’ll be pressuring SG for a couple of players’...... I didn’t literally mean that we have No money, I just thought it would be quicker saying that (with a smiley face, to show it wasn’t meant seriously or literally) than having write out all of above. Anyway, the guy seems keen to come, so hopefully no Prem clubs will try and steal him away. All will be well with the world and YB will be a boro player in the next few weeks 🙌 Happy Xmas 🥳😁🎅🏻

• Like 1
On 12/24/2020 at 11:33 AM, Erimus 63 said:

I wish fans would stop saying we don't have any money. We do. It's just that Gibson has decided to drip feed as little into the club as possible. Well it's his club he can do what he wants. Good job we have a decent manager in charge. In Warnock we trust.

UTB

Gibson puts in as much as he is allowed within the rules. I wish fans would stop saying he doesn't.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Tom locked this topic