oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window 2021 AKA "Didn't we do well"

be nice if we signed a striker that had a good first touch and could trap a ball. akpom and britt couldnt trap a bag of cement. they are pish at playing with back to goal. one of our biggest issues in final 3rd that. ball never sticks. id even say its one of the main reasons our possession stats are so bad.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can’t believe that people on here are condemning a possible signing because of rumours that he dealt drugs.    One thing or squad is crying out for is someone that can distribute well 😳

Fletcher is close to signing a new contract.

Posted Images

10 hours ago, DurhamRed said:

From Watmore prospective why uproot yourself having just settled into this side and starting to be picked. Why go to another club where he be sat on bench for weeks and will have to settle in again. Unless that other club pays him an extra 5k+ a week

This is my perspective on this as well. Its not like there's a lot of money out there for him right now. We obviously play to his strengths, why not stay and continue to score goals. Next summer it sets him up for far more money. 

If all he is asking is to be paid like his teammates i don't think that's unfair. He's earned his pay increase. 

Just speculating but with the Burnley takeover complete and they new chairman saying they intend to back Dyche, i think there a good chance Burnley might look to bid for Fry. They are thin at CB and Fry found his form again.

I would want £15m at least. Although what I want and what I get are two different things

4 hours ago, TLF10 said:

Just speculating but with the Burnley takeover complete and they new chairman saying they intend to back Dyche, i think there a good chance Burnley might look to bid for Fry. They are thin at CB and Fry found his form again.

I would want £15m at least. Although what I want and what I get are two different things

Frys is definitely not what they need. They need pace and firepower. If they are spending 15 mil it won’t be in a defender. 

5 hours ago, TLF10 said:

Join the club...Although at my age any attention is most unwelcome...Especially night time visits from the east wing...On Fry I'd be inclined to keep him unless a stupid offer came in and we could move a player from our academy to 1st team

Fry will not move to become a benchwarmer, so speculation in that direction a non-starter....especially as we are thin on the ground in that department..  more likely to see Paddy go as probably more alternatives available..  prefer to see both stay but one has an attachment to the area and the other does not..   

55 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

Fry will not move to become a benchwarmer

Unless they sell Tarkowski, who hasn't agreed a new deal with Burnley yet (he only has 18 months left on his). With how many bids West Ham put in for him over the summer, I can see them going back in for him in January.

23 minutes ago, Robin Johnson said:

Big Fat Sam getting ready to pounce forWarmore according to the Daily Mail

Wouldn’t surprise me but it’s also an easy story with Watford having his best spell under him.

I do suspect we might loose two or three players this window.

3 hours ago, Redcar Rioja said:

With Watmore's injury record he would be crazy not to accept the highest offer. He could remain fit for three years, three months or three weeks.

He was on a decent contract at Sunderland, that's why they couldn't or wouldn't renew languishing in League One in financial straights. So I doubt money is going to be the major factor in this one, more like job satisfaction. Who would want live in West Brom anyway, or Burnley for that matter.  Steve Gibson will be able to give Watmore the lowdown on working with. Burnley.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Erimus 63 said:

He was on a decent contract at Sunderland, that's why they couldn't or wouldn't renew languishing in League One in financial straights. So I doubt money is going to be the major factor in this one, more like job satisfaction. Who would want live in West Brom anyway, or Burnley for that matter.  Steve Gibson will be able to give Watmore the lowdown on working with. Burnley.

19 mins away from The Hawthorns! 

Mearse Lane, Barnt Green B45, 6 bedroom detached house for sale - 55849915 | PrimeLocation

image.png.a7e17f49791cf0e3923f0298803ed7ab.png

Edited by ViewFromTheChickenrun
add pic
3 hours ago, ViewFromTheChickenrun said:

19 mins away from The Hawthorns! 

Mearse Lane, Barnt Green B45, 6 bedroom detached house for sale - 55849915 | PrimeLocation

image.png.a7e17f49791cf0e3923f0298803ed7ab.png

Who would want to live there when they could live in North Ormesby!

• Haha 1
  • Tom locked this topic