oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window 2021 AKA "Didn't we do well"

Warnock said yesterday that he spoke to a player (winger I assume) from the premier league who said he doesn’t want to make a quick decision as he is now in the match day squad. My guess is Grosicki, bombed out by Bilic and now he’s on the bench for Big Sam. He could well stay and fight for his place. 

The other player he spoke to said he can’t move yet as they have a few injuries at the moment and need to wait to see if they are fit to return by the end of Jan. I get the impression that this player wants to come though. Not sure who it may be.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can’t believe that people on here are condemning a possible signing because of rumours that he dealt drugs.    One thing or squad is crying out for is someone that can distribute well 😳

Fletcher is close to signing a new contract.

Posted Images

very quiet on incomings talk other than revamping of Bolasie interest. i,d be also keeping tabs on a couple of top quality players currently not getting gametime at this level,  Puskas at reading and Tom Ince. 

outgoings are more pressing imo  and id be inclined to bite the bullet on three ,in particular which could land us maybe ,with luck 20 m . Britt is still a striker with a reputation at this level, albeit a dwindling one due to the boro influence. id also sell Saville and if there genuinely is interest at 5m or thereabouts id let Spence go too. 

i honestly believe Fletcher is a better striker with more potency than britt , we have easily 3 more productive midfielders than Savulle and that Spence is not going to get a whole lot better than he is now.

Apparently forest are happy to let Joe lolley leave in Jan. His form has nose dived it seems but so has most of the forest squads. Obviously we could not afford a permanant deal but maybe a loan.

Remember an article over summer where Warnock listed his 5 players to watch this season and named Lolley as one of them so he clearly a fan of his.

And here are the likely wide players who could be available in Jan on loan along with Lolley:-

Bolasie

Grosicki

Snodgrass

Kebano 

Kamara (Fulham)

Jack Clarke

Oliver Burke

Josh Murphy (Cardiff)

Junior Holliett

On 1/1/2021 at 12:15 PM, boro-unger said:

Thats a long contract!

Didn't spot that at first, 5.5 years is really long! Suppose he might come in on relatively low wages compared to the rest of the squad maybe. So are more happy to tie him down longer. 

1 hour ago, Essuuaitch said:

outgoings are more pressing imo  and id be inclined to bite the bullet on three ,in particular which could land us maybe ,with luck 20 m . Britt is still a striker with a reputation at this level, albeit a dwindling one due to the boro influence. id also sell Saville and if there genuinely is interest at 5m or thereabouts id let Spence go too. 

Not sure I'd agree with any of this I'm afraid. Britt in some aspects I think cutting our losses is worth it, then in other aspects I'm not sure it is.

Selling Saville would be ridiculous, unless a stupid offer came in, he's really stepped up this year, and I think some of that is he has a bit more of a license to get forward. 

Spence hasn't really been give much of a chance to play in his natural position, often being played further forwards with little or no effect on the game. Having him as cover for Dijksteel is perfect for me, still has a lot to improve on, but is a very capable back up at right back.

1 hour ago, RichAcklam2404 said:

Warnock said yesterday that he spoke to a player (winger I assume) from the premier league who said he doesn’t want to make a quick decision as he is now in the match day squad. My guess is Grosicki, bombed out by Bilic and now he’s on the bench for Big Sam. He could well stay and fight for his place. 

The other player he spoke to said he can’t move yet as they have a few injuries at the moment and need to wait to see if they are fit to return by the end of Jan. I get the impression that this player wants to come though. Not sure who it may be.

Demarai gray fits this also - he made the bench and got on the pitch for the first time this season in the last game week.

4 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Demarai gray fits this also - he made the bench and got on the pitch for the first time this season in the last game week.

I've read in some places that Spurs are looking at signing him on a free in the summer. If true that puts us well out of the race. Also seen Roma and Benfica linked with him recently too! 

15 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Can’t see this happening, much bigger clubs after him. What’s Marc Albrighton doing these days ?

47 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

@TLF10 Think you can cross Holliet and Burke off the list, both have been fairly regular starters for Cardiff and Sheffield United.

My bad. Thought Burke was out the team again after a few starts and Holliet just come in due to injuries as Ojo and Wilson were favoured pair on flanks.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, TLF10 said:

And here are the likely wide players who could be available in Jan on loan along with Lolley:-

Bolasie

Grosicki

Snodgrass

Kebano 

Kamara (Fulham)

Jack Clarke

Oliver Burke

Josh Murphy (Cardiff)

Junior Holliett

Take all of these, bolasie and burke would be my pick

2 hours ago, Essuuaitch said:

very quiet on incomings talk other than revamping of Bolasie interest. i,d be also keeping tabs on a couple of top quality players currently not getting gametime at this level,  Puskas at reading and Tom Ince. 

i honestly believe Fletcher is a better striker with more potency than britt , we have easily 3 more productive midfielders than Savulle and that Spence is not going to get a whole lot better than he is now.

Would absolutely love puskas, wanted us to sign him before he went to reading, sure I heard warnock wanted him at cardiff also

Luke Jephcott has scored for Plymouth again. Looks a real talent up top that lad. Only 20, Welsh u21 international. Clinical finisher, holds the ball up well. I'd be looking at him if I were Boro.

• Like 1
  • Tom locked this topic