• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can’t believe that people on here are condemning a possible signing because of rumours that he dealt drugs.    One thing or squad is crying out for is someone that can distribute well 😳

Fletcher is close to signing a new contract.

Posted Images

Here's the only links I can find from the media so far:

OUTGOING (Reported Rumours):
Patrick Roberts (Man City; Loan cancellation)
Duncan Watmore (Bosman; Stoke/Burnley)

INCOMINGS (Reported Rumours):
Phil Jones (Man Utd)
Yannick Bolasie (Everton)
Baba Rahman (Chelsea)
Steven Bala (Barnet)

21 minutes ago, Snowblind said:

Here's the only links I can find from the media so far:

OUTGOING (Reported Rumours):
Patrick Roberts (Man City; Loan cancellation)
Duncan Watmore (Bosman; Stoke/Burnley)

INCOMINGS (Reported Rumours):
Phil Jones (Man Utd)
Yannick Bolasie (Everton)
Baba Rahman (Chelsea)
Steven Bala (Barnet)

Bala has already had a couple of appearances for our u18s this season. Hes currently in dispute with Barnet over his contract there. Very strange situation.

1 minute ago, Smogzilla said:

Bala has already had a couple of appearances for our u18s this season. Hes currently in dispute with Barnet over his contract there. Very strange situation.

It’s a curious one isn’t it.

Cancel the academy release everyone else but hold onto his registration because Benfica were interested.

The lad who have me the Watmore info in the summer believes he we resign. Probably next week.

Main issue has been length of contract rather than wages.

Gingermessi wants to stay.

• Like 6
7 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

Am I right in thinking Barnet scrapped their academy and released all their youth players. But they kept his registration/contract, knowing they'd get a decent compensation fee for him?

10 hours ago, pnefc ok said:

Our best 3 midfielders, Pearson, Johnson, and Browne, are all running their contracts down and likely to sadly have to be sold. So we will be looking at midfielders and have at least some funds available to hopefully do something. Josh Harrop is reportedly close to leaving too so together with Johnson's likely departure we will be in need of a 'goalscoring midfielder'.

Do Boro need to wheel and deal to make room or funds available for incomings or will you just be strengthening regardless?

We don't have a ton of money, but with the size of our squad I don't think we'll sanction any outgoings without a replacement already sorted.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Brunners said:

We don't have a ton of money, but with the size of our squad I don't think we'll sanction any outgoings without a replacement already sorted.

I think that’s why Roberts is still here. 

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, Brunners said:

14 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

I think that’s why Roberts is still here. 

Is he still here because we haven’t signed anyone? Or haven’t we signed anyone because he (and his wages) is still here. Chicken or egg - which comes first?

given way we have treated him in game time, might he be  awkward about leaving - waiting till last moment to make it difficult for us? I know that would be him cutting off his nose to spite his face, but in one sense you couldn’t blame him.

49 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

I'd read about the dispute and the Benfica stuff, but didn't know he's been playing for our U18s. Never heard anything like this before... It's mad.

Sunderland are supposedly interested too, but if he gets the chance it sounds like he'd come here given he's already played with us.

59 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Am I right in thinking Barnet scrapped their academy and released all their youth players. But they kept his registration/contract, knowing they'd get a decent compensation fee for him?

Thats my understanding of it. Not just him either. Few of their youth players unable to join new clubs because they haven't been released despite not playing for the club.

17 minutes ago, Snowblind said:

I'd read about the dispute and the Benfica stuff, but didn't know he's been playing for our U18s. Never heard anything like this before... It's mad.

Sunderland are supposedly interested too, but if he gets the chance it sounds like he'd come here given he's already played with us.

Saw him play for the u18s v Everton in the Autumn. He also scored in a game against Blackburn.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.mfc.co.uk/news/u18s-keep-the-pace-after-blackburn-success&ved=2ahUKEwj_jbid8v_tAhVqQUEAHUdWAi4QFjABegQIChAB&usg=AOvVaw0yqBkME_g9WSzq-AJzRE1t

I assume it was a trial with a view to a scholarship. I think we will try to take him on if his contract situation gets sorted.

• Like 2
58 minutes ago, ScarBoro said:

Is he still here because we haven’t signed anyone? Or haven’t we signed anyone because he (and his wages) is still here. Chicken or egg - which comes first?

I imagine Warnock is also involved. He’s not daft he has seen how we operated in the last window and for numerous other ones. He will be wanting some definite signings in place before weakening the squad.

If he left Roberts and no one came i can’t see him being happy. As a bit of speculation I wonder if we will have a fee to pay if we end his loan.

1 hour ago, RiseAgainst said:

Maddo would be in trouble if Bola and Bala started in the same game...

Maddo Special XI

GK - Raya

RB - Raba
CB - Wada
CB - Mola
LB - Bola

DM - Kana
CM - Bala
CM - Beka Beka

RW - Boló
ST - Bobô
LW - Belá

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
2 hours ago, RiseAgainst said:

Maddo would be in trouble if Bola and Bala started in the same game...

If only we could get a team of Bull, Bell, Ball, Bale, Bola, Bala, Baker, Barclay, Barker, Binks and  Banks and arrange a match with a team of Polish all-stars, I think we could get some serious fun...  but if its a choice between him and Drury, then I know who I would rather listen to....  even if its about sausage rolls 

• Haha 2
  • Tom locked this topic