• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can’t believe that people on here are condemning a possible signing because of rumours that he dealt drugs.    One thing or squad is crying out for is someone that can distribute well 😳

Fletcher is close to signing a new contract.

Posted Images

The video isn’t very encouraging but I am sure you could make a video of most keepers like that.

Short term contract, probably low wages and keeps us with three keepers. I imagine he will come in to challenge Brynn.

2 hours ago, RiversideRed said:

He’s one of the worst keepers I’ve ever seen. The fact he’s a professional footballer is mind blowing.

Fingers crossed he never has to play. 

You ain't seen me "Play" RR

Don't see the point in bringing Archer in at all. His ability was already questionable on here just on the basis of the games that he played against us with most of us remembering him for being garbage.

The video is over one season apparently and indicates some very disturbing and repetitive traits. A Keeper that can't catch a ball, deal with crosses or hold onto a ball doesn't add comfort of belief to his defence regardless of what language he speaks. Stoj in my opinion is better than Bettinelli but no doubt there will be a contract clause in Bettinelli playing. Allowing Stoj to go and get game time is understandable for the bloke but bringing Archer in seriously weakens the squad and sends out a poor message. There are far better Keeping options out there without breaking the bank. Paul Smith comes to mind immediately from a few years back.

There again maybe it was deliberate with some fans starting to get on Bettinelli's back saying that Stoj should get his chance. This way nobody in a million years is going to suggest Archer gets a chance over Bettinelli. Funny and light hearted as that is my tongue isn't entirely sure whether to be in my cheek or not?

32 minutes ago, Snowblind said:

When I said I'd rather we bring in a second choice keeper so Brynn could get game time, I meant one that had a functioning nervous system... 😶

There's a nervous system there, all right. Whenever Archer plays, fans feel nervous...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The only good part of signing Archer is it may mean Brynn can go out on loan and play some games. But honestly Bettanali has been kinda rubbish yet Archer makes Jason Steele look good 😂. It's kinda bad thought as doesn't provide any real competition to Bettanali and push him on as unless he get's injured or has an absolute howler he'll be playing every game apart from FA cup. But feel for how Dejan has been treated as he is the best keeper at the club we paid £2 million for him yet hasn't been given a chance. Yeah he did make mistakes when he arrived but he was totally thrown in the deepend takes time for foreign players to adapt. 

Edited by DurhamRed
11 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

The only good part of signing Archer is it may mean Brynn can go out on loan and play some games. But honestly Bettanali has been kinda rubbish yet Archer makes Jason Steele look good 😂. It's kinda bad thought as doesn't provide any real competition to Bettanali and push him on as unless he get's injured or has an absolute howler he'll be playing every game apart from FA cup. But feel for how Dejan has been treated as he is the best keeper at the club we paid £2 million for him yet hasn't been given a chance. Yeah he did make mistakes when he arrived but he was totally thrown in the deepend takes time for foreign players to adapt. 

Can’t see Brynn going out on loan. We need 3 keepers

1 minute ago, mendieta420 said:

What's confusing about bringing in an experienced keeper to help out in training and warm ups? It's the same reason Dimi was kept around for so long.

The confusing part is that he is horrendous and taking a wage.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, BoroJake said:

Can’t see Brynn going out on loan. We need 3 keepers

Is Archer definitely coming in as number 2 keeper? There was lot on the forum earlier in the season as how Brynn was impressing everyone at club and this was one reason we let Pears move on. Has he impressed enough to be considered as main back up keeper, or is he too inexperienced?

There were times at Boro when Brad Jones was better than Mark Schwarzer and Archer doesn't even have that level to live up to. He's another option and hopefully one who Warnock actually thinks can keep Bettinelli on his toes as opposed to someone he's just not keen on who he couldn't wait to replace.

• Tom locked this topic