oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window 2021 AKA "Didn't we do well"

29 minutes ago, Snowblind said:

Sadly though, it looks like my dream of Luke Jephcott is a no go. Plymouth are refusing to answer calls from clubs about him. 

Just pretend we're calling about something else: "Oh, hi Plymouth, i was just wondering if you wanted to go out for a socially distanced drink later on" 

Plymouth: "oh yes that would be lov..."

Boro: "Sell us Luke!"

• Haha 1
  • Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can’t believe that people on here are condemning a possible signing because of rumours that he dealt drugs.    One thing or squad is crying out for is someone that can distribute well 😳

Fletcher is close to signing a new contract.

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, Snowblind said:

To be honest, I'd let Britt go on a free this month just to save his wages. As outlined in my previous post, his contributions haven't been anywhere near his usual this season - and we have Fletch coming back to fitness with Chuba also being more effective than Britt. Even as Captain you can tell his heart isn't here this season.

Sadly though, it looks like my dream of Luke Jephcott is a no go. Plymouth are refusing to answer calls from clubs about him. 

How is Chuba more effective? He is a dud and a very poor striker. Needs so many chances or the ball on the goalline like at the weekend. I'd much rather have Britt on than him. Giving away Britt for free sounds crazy.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Think the main difference is Chuba will pass the ball to people rather than take on shots every single time. Also puts himself about more to create space ..  and probably is costing us less...  don't know how he will blend with Fletch but the fact that NW seems to trust him enough to start regularly means that he thinks that he has something about him.   Needs to work a bit on the smile, though 🙂

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, Borodane said:

How is Chuba more effective? He is a dud and a very poor striker. Needs so many chances or the ball on the goalline like at the weekend. I'd much rather have Britt on than him. Giving away Britt for free sounds crazy.

Chuba had a good game at the weekend.

He actually seems able to bring the ball down and hold it up, something Britt is very hit or miss on. 

• Like 4
On 1/4/2021 at 12:33 PM, Snowblind said:

I've always been a fan of Britt, but he does seem destined to leave. Looking at his performances, he doesn't seem to have the desire he's had here previously, and with the additions of Akpom and Watmore, as well as Fletcher's development, he's not as vital here as he has been.

Looking at minutes/goal contribution (score or assist) this season:

Fletcher - 53 mins/contribution
Watmore - 76.6
Browne - 81.66
Johnson - 158.5
Akpom - 218.8
Saville - 257.29
Assombalonga - 311.25

If there was ever a time to sell Britt, it's this window.

@Borodane

Akpom has made a contribution towards a goal considerably more often than Britt this season. By Britt's contribution, he's easily replaceable - which isn't something I've ever said before in all his time here. Akpom mightn't be the most exciting or enthralling players, but he's been more effective than Britt in front of goal - averaging a goal every 273.5 mins to Britt's  311.25 - with the same goals in fewer minutes played, plus an extra assist. And on probably around ⅓ of the contract. 

Granted The Ass's overall contribution is better, which the stats don't always highlight, but we have a number 1 striker in Fletcher. If Britt wants to leave, let him leave now and bring someone else in with the savings of his wages - which is roughly £1m, not taking into account any bonuses he might have written in for goals/wins.

Akpom is fine for competition. The Britt we have right now is not the player Britt Assombalonga can be/has been. If any offer comes up which he wants to talk about, let him. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

Think the main difference is Chuba will pass the ball to people rather than take on shots every single time. Also puts himself about more to create space ..  and probably is costing us less...  don't know how he will blend with Fletch but the fact that NW seems to trust him enough to start regularly means that he thinks that he has something about him.   Needs to work a bit on the smile, though 🙂

To be fair, now Bola's in the team regularly the smiling is pretty sorted. Also, Akpom's movement is a huge part of Watmore's purple patch, IMO, whenever you hear Watmore comment on a goal he says something along the lines of, "a space opened up". Those spaces are made by some very clever play by Akpom. 

• Like 8

10:45

CLARKE CHASED BY CHAMP CLUBS

Middlesbrough, Stoke and Swansea are among the Sky Bet Championship clubs chasing a loan for Tottenham’s Jack Clarke. 

Sheffield Wednesday and Coventry are also said to be keen on the winger, who has appeared twice in the Europa League for Spurs this season. 

Clarke is said to have impressed Jose Mourinho’s coaching staff since returning from a loan at QPR last term and he is ready to play more senior minutes.  

Boro in particular are looking at potential new wingers, with Duncan Watmore yet to sign a new contract on Teesside.  

Clarke joined Spurs from Leeds in the summer of 2019 after a stunning breakthrough season, and was immediately loaned back to them before that was cut short due to a lack of playing time under Marcelo Bielsa. 

Clarke is just one of those players who will be linked to every team looking to strengthening their wide areas. He is a young talent at a big club but won't get much gametime so a loan looks on the card. A very easy story to write. I don't really care who we get as long as it's someone Warnock is actually willing to use.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

I just hope we don't let Britt go to a rival hope he goes to Rangers or Celtic. As don't want him to go and start banging the goals in at a championship rival.  

Highly doubt he will be prolific elsewhere in the championship, who knows though, could prove me wrong 

• Tom locked this topic