oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window 2021 AKA "Didn't we do well"

1 hour ago, DurhamRed said:

I just hope we don't let Britt go to a rival hope he goes to Rangers or Celtic. As don't want him to go and start banging the goals in at a championship rival.  

He’s quite consistently a mid teens striker I so it’s a bit of risk but I don’t see him ever coming a 20+ striker elsewhere. 

if he does then so be it he was never going to do it here. 

replacing him is more my concern. I don’t actually care about his wages but what he contributes. Fells like it’s a downward spiral replace a 15 goal striker with a 12 goal striker replace a 12 with a 10.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can’t believe that people on here are condemning a possible signing because of rumours that he dealt drugs.    One thing or squad is crying out for is someone that can distribute well 😳

Fletcher is close to signing a new contract.

Posted Images

Just now, GrimsbyBoro said:

He’s quite consistently a mid teens striker I so it’s a bit of risk but I don’t see him ever coming a 20+ striker elsewhere. 

if he does then so be it he was never going to do it here. 

replacing him is more my concern. I don’t actually care about his wages but what he contributes. Fells like it’s a downward spiral replace a 15 goal striker with a 12 goal striker replace a 12 with a 10.

Britt does get goals no doubt, but he offers little else, and IMO makes the team alot worse in other aspects.  He hasnt seemed to fit into any system we've played, every manager weve had has been forced to build a system to try and accomadate him.
he dosent have a decent touch, not quick, loves being offside and his distrubution is poor, i cant begin to count the amount of times weve had a break on and britts held onto to ball for to long or ran into trouble. His only saving grace are his goals and somewhat ok hold up play but thats hit and miss at best.

I guess the point im trying to make is Britt is an out and out goal scorer who offers little else, that fact that in his 4 years here hes assisted only 2 goals says it all really.  In the modern game you need to have more to your game and personally dont think that Britt does. 

The only other issue i see in letting him go is that warnock will not look for a modern style forward who can link up and play football, he will just buy gestede style target man.

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

West Brom close to signing Snodgrass. Maybe that rules them out of Watmore race. If they were ever actually in it

surely puts Grosicki even further down the pecking order too right?

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Smoggie Spraggon said:

We’ve been linked to Famara Diédhiou from Bristol city

only got six months left on contract 

Big lad. But surely we will only sign a striker if Britt moves. 

2 minutes ago, Smoggie Spraggon said:

We’ve been linked to Famara Diédhiou from Bristol city

only got six months left on contract 

Fits Warnock mould - 6ft 4inch. Cost Bristol £5.8m apparently three and a half years ago from Angers in France.  Scoring averages 1 in 3 over his time with Bristol, but only 3 goals this season so far. Supposedly refusing to sign new contract with Bristol, hence they might want to get some money for him this month rather than nothing in summer.  Cant see we would want to pay too much for a striker out of contract in summer though, especially if We don’t get any offers for Britt. 

2 minutes ago, Smoggie Spraggon said:

Not sure if it’s too reliable or not , certainly more suited to Warnock’s  style that Britt for example 

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/middlesbrough-plotting-january-transfer-swoop-for-3-goal-championship-striker/

They have got the info from the athletic. 

https://theathletic.co.uk/2284088/2021/01/06/transfer-news-live-rumours-football/

• Tom locked this topic