• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can’t believe that people on here are condemning a possible signing because of rumours that he dealt drugs.    One thing or squad is crying out for is someone that can distribute well 😳

Fletcher is close to signing a new contract.

Posted Images

Britt has been touted about since the summer. I think he will sign a pre contract with a foreign club  and stay until the end of the season.

Edited by Guest

We've heard so many times now that Britt is either going or looking for a way out that I'll believe it when I see it 🙂 I just hope that when he goes it frees up enough funds to allow some decent strengthening in key areas ie a new striker, a winger and a defender.

Sad to say, but Britt probably won't be missed. Off the top of my head, I can't remember a single moment of brilliance from him, but I can remember many spurned chances and fluffed lines.

He's a decent second-tier striker if you build the team around his strengths, but he's nowhere near enough of a team player, and he's become an expensive luxury at a time of economic hardship. He looks disinterested half the time despite being club captain, and he's nowhere near as good as Fletcher - or many other Championship strikers for that matter.

Yes, we could replace Britt with worse, but we could also do better - and far more cheaply. Hope we get back at least a third of what we've paid for him, which was an obscene amount at the time and looks even worse in hindsight.

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

Sad to say, but Britt probably won't be missed. Off the top of my head, I can't remember a single moment of brilliance from him, but I can remember many spurned chances and fluffed lines.

He's a decent second-tier striker if you build the team around his strengths, but he's nowhere near enough of a team player, and he's become an expensive luxury at a time of economic hardship. He looks disinterested half the time despite being club captain, and he's nowhere near as good as Fletcher - or many other Championship strikers for that matter.

Yes, we could replace Britt with worse, but we could also do better - and far more cheaply. Hope we get back at least a third of what we've paid for him, which was an obscene amount at the time and looks even worse in hindsight.

He's scored quite a few very good goals. Just the other week he scored a very good goal against Birmingham. I'm certainly a lot more confident with him around the box than Akpom who more or less only scores easy tap ins.

2 hours ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

That's now Watmore, Bola, McNair, Howson and Dijksteel tied down to longer deals. Plus the youngsters Folarin and Jones. Personally I think Saville and Fletcher need tying down next, and I wouldn't be adverse to Johnson getting another year and I know NW has said he'll probably get a new deal too.

That then pretty much ties our entire squad down for the next season, barring the loanees, a few youngsters (I think Wood?) and Britt. Beyond that it's only then Wing, Howson, Saville and Johnson (if he gets a new deal) whose deals expire before 2023.

Definitely agree. Saville has found a place under NW. Fletcher is definitely the better keep over Britt. And Wood next season I could see being a much bigger part after earning some trust early This season.

9 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

think we'd be lucky to get him off our hands for free in the current climate

• Like 2

Hopefully it’s one of those foreign clubs who throw money around for fun. I’ve always made my opinion of Britt clear, he was never going to live up to a £15m price tag. I honestly think we’re lucky to get a fee so any decent sum is a bonus.

• Tom locked this topic