oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window 2021 AKA "Didn't we do well"

Burnley, Sheffielu Utd, WBA and Fulham all badly need goals. Could also add Newcastle and Wolves to that list. They all have money and Britt isn't the worst investment.

• Haha 1
  • Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can’t believe that people on here are condemning a possible signing because of rumours that he dealt drugs.    One thing or squad is crying out for is someone that can distribute well 😳

Fletcher is close to signing a new contract.

Posted Images

Just now, Borodane said:

Burnley, Sheffielu Utd, WBA and Fulham all badly need goals. Could also add Newcastle and Wolves to that list. They all have money and Britt isn't the worst investment.

In the premier league? You must be joking 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

Hopefully it’s one of those foreign clubs who throw money around for fun. I’ve always made my opinion of Britt clear, he was never going to live up to a £15m price tag. I honestly think we’re lucky to get a fee so any decent sum is a bonus.

I bet we'll have told his agent, that he needs to find a club that is willing to pay, or we will be triggering the extra year (if that exists) to protect our investment. That effectively means that we have a decent championship striker with 18 months on his contract who consitently gets into double figures. I reckon that could get us at least 4 million.

1 minute ago, DevKWat said:

In the premier league? You must be joking 

Why?  A lot of championship forwards get moves to the Prem when they consitently get into double figures every season. Look at the managers Britt has had here: Monk (clueless), Pulis (attack gives him seizures), Woodgate (abject) and now Warnock who likes a different kind of striker. It's not like Britt has had managers that play to his strength.

2 minutes ago, Borodane said:

I bet we'll have told his agent, that he needs to find a club that is willing to pay, or we will be triggering the extra year (if that exists) to protect our investment. That effectively means that we have a decent championship striker with 18 months on his contract who consitently gets into double figures. I reckon that could get us at least 4 million.

That's a definite possibility. The team needs to use as much leverage as it has against all options.

19 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Britt's a permanent and getting a fee. 

Don't know where to and for how much yet though 

That is probably the best outcome for us. 

Depending on how close Fletcher is I'm not even sure we need another forward atm? Seems Warnock has gone well away from playing 2 up top. 

2 minutes ago, Dan1234 said:

Depending on how close Fletcher is I'm not even sure we need another forward atm? Seems Warnock has gone well away from playing 2 up top. 

I think we do. Fletcher could have a recurrence of his injury, not improbable that Watmore could also get injured and Roberts looks to be on his way or not in the managers thoughts. Browne is back but is a bit of an unknown entity at the moment. We need goals. 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Why?  A lot of championship forwards get moves to the Prem when they consitently get into double figures every season. Look at the managers Britt has had here: Monk (clueless), Pulis (attack gives him seizures), Woodgate (abject) and now Warnock who likes a different kind of striker. It's not like Britt has had managers that play to his strength.

what are his strengths? genuinely asking

In my eyes he can't really hold the ball up, isn't great in the air, not particularly fast, not very skilful/technical

• Like 5
3 minutes ago, chickenlunch said:

In my eyes he can't really hold the ball up, isn't great in the air, not particularly fast, not very skilful/technical

But he has a lovely smile 😊 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, chickenlunch said:

Anything but a targetman. Christ, Pulis even played him on the wing. Is arguably better when he has a partner up front or a supporting number 10. He is a good finisher in and around the box, so that's where he needs to be and not having to drop 30 yards to flick on high balls lumped up the pitch.

30 minutes ago, Dan1234 said:

We played 2 up top at sheff wed. We definitely need a replacement 

• Tom locked this topic