oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window 2021 AKA "Didn't we do well"

11 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Decent championship left back. But is that a position we need? Out of contract in the summer though so is probably cheap. 

My initial thought was no but then I thought if anything happens to Bola I wouldn’t be happy with Johnson and or Coulson as left back.

can he cover cb?

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can’t believe that people on here are condemning a possible signing because of rumours that he dealt drugs.    One thing or squad is crying out for is someone that can distribute well 😳

Fletcher is close to signing a new contract.

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

My initial thought was no but then I thought if anything happens to Bola I wouldn’t be happy with Johnson and or Coulson as left back.

can he cover cb?

Very good player comfortable at left back or centre half Just very injury prone 

18 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Decent championship left back. But is that a position we need? Out of contract in the summer though so is probably cheap. 

Thankfully Bola has thrived as first choice now, long may it continue, but Coulson is *** and we have no-one else with Johnson being first choice winger now.

26 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Have you actually looked at the table recently? We are 7th just one point off the playoffs and 7 points off autos with a game in hand. Just half the season is gone. Why do you think we will be closer next season? This is the time to strengthen. 

I just don’t think we have the squad to get promoted, finishing in they payoffs is not the same as being promoted.

I don’t see one signing making a difference, especially when he hasn’t played for months and will need time to get up to speed. Warnock always takes his time before he introduces new players to the first team so I just can’t see Bolasie making an impact.

The club don’t seem desperate to sign him either, I think money is tight and COVID is a massive factor this season. 

Warnock signed Cunningham when Cardiff went up but Cunningham never got in to the side ahead of Bennett and then Warnock sent him out on loan to Blackburn. By Cunninghams own words he said “it did not work out for me under Neil Warnock but thats football”

Given the above I be surprised if we have made a bid for him but stranger things have happened..

Just now, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

I just don’t think we have the squad to get promoted, finishing in they payoffs is not the same as being promoted.

I don’t see one signing making a difference, especially when he hasn’t played for months and will need time to get up to speed. Warnock always takes his time before he introduces new players to the first team so I just can’t see Bolasie making an impact.

The club don’t seem desperate to sign him either, I think money is tight and COVID is a massive factor this season. 

What makes you think we will be closer to autos next season? It’s pure guesswork but right know we know what we have: a very good chance. We don’t even know if NW is here next year.

Warnock is here next season. 

The way he speaks about the club and transfers imply that. He mentioned about there being players he wants in the summer that are available on a free transfer but does he pay a small fee for them now. He also talked about this gem from a foreign league that he may wait until the summer to sign.

12 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

Warnock is here next season. 

The way he speaks about the club and transfers imply that. He mentioned about there being players he wants in the summer that are available on a free transfer but does he pay a small fee for them now. He also talked about this gem from a foreign league that he may wait until the summer to sign.

Exactly, he’s staying at the club, make no mistake. 

14 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Exactly, he’s staying at the club, make no mistake. 

But there is still no guarantee that we are in the same good position in 12 months. Why not act on the current good league position?

21 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Finances?

It's not your money though mate. Gibson has always put his money in when were in good positions to try to get us across the line and I personally think we should trust him on this whatever he decides. It worked the last time we got promoted, he'll be thinking it's worth the gamble again. If we could afford bolasie for a whole year in the summer then why couldn't we afford him for 6 months now?   

• Like 1

It worked the last time we got promoted. but it failed to work many other times, leaving the club with a high wage bill and nothing to show for it. 

I don’t trust this government to eradicate COVID anytime soon and that has a massive impact on club finances. No one is going to matches, many won’t even pay to watch a stream, very little TV money coming in (especially now that we are out of the cup) I just don’t see where the money is going to come from. 

1 minute ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

It worked the last time we got promoted. but it failed to work many other times, leaving the club with a high wage bill and nothing to show for it. 

I don’t trust this government to eradicate COVID anytime soon and that has a massive impact on club finances. No one is going to matches, many won’t even pay to watch a stream, very little TV money coming in (especially now that we are out of the cup) I just don’t see where the money is going to come from. 

I can only really think of two occasions where he did it before, the failed Scotland experiment and the January in the prem where there was a lot more disposable income - that money needed to be spent it was just spent in the wrong places. Not sure where the many more times is coming from? 

4 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

I can only really think of two occasions where he did it before, the failed Scotland experiment and the January in the prem where there was a lot more disposable income - that money needed to be spent it was just spent in the wrong places. Not sure where the many more times is coming from? 

Monk was pretty well backed, don’t you think?

• Tom locked this topic