oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window 2021 AKA "Didn't we do well"

8 minutes ago, El1986 said:

I want to respond to this, but I really don’t know how to say what I want to say, without sounding like a complete door handle. I mean, possibly the most baffling statement I’ve ever read. You don’t want to get promoted to the prem this year, have all the excitement that being in the prem offers, come into loads of money that we could use to invest in the squad and secure the near to mid term future of the club. Trying to establish ourselves as a premier league club. You would rather hang back and go up organically. Wow. Possibly the biggest crock I’ve ever heard. So, we keep the players we’ve got, build up their confidence a bit and next year we’ll get automatic promotion ‘organically’. The current crop will all of a sudden turn into world beaters next year, after NW has said nice things to them and built up their confidence. In fact they’ll be so good, we won’t even need to invest anything when we go up. This will all just happen if it’s own accord, without anyone having to try and we’ll be all the happier for it cos we did it organically. I mean, at best, it’s a complete lack of ambition. I honestly despair

Agreed , the chance is now . We are not far short , 3 quality signings and we will be in with a shout . CH ,  AM / Winger , CF .

May need to wheel and deal to do it , swap , loan , or sell a prize asset and buy with the money.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can’t believe that people on here are condemning a possible signing because of rumours that he dealt drugs.    One thing or squad is crying out for is someone that can distribute well 😳

Fletcher is close to signing a new contract.

Posted Images

5 hours ago, El1986 said:

I want to respond to this, but I really don’t know how to say what I want to say, without sounding like a complete door handle. I mean, possibly the most baffling statement I’ve ever read. You don’t want to get promoted to the prem this year, have all the excitement that being in the prem offers, come into loads of money that we could use to invest in the squad and secure the near to mid term future of the club. Trying to establish ourselves as a premier league club. You would rather hang back and go up organically. Wow. Possibly the biggest crock I’ve ever heard. So, we keep the players we’ve got, build up their confidence a bit and next year we’ll get automatic promotion ‘organically’. The current crop will all of a sudden turn into world beaters next year, after NW has said nice things to them and built up their confidence. In fact they’ll be so good, we won’t even need to invest anything when we go up. This will all just happen if it’s own accord, without anyone having to try and we’ll be all the happier for it cos we did it organically. I mean, at best, it’s a complete lack of ambition. I honestly despair

i agree with this so much, promotion this year is the best thing that could happen to boro for many reasons. Firstly with clubs struggling finiancially from the impact of covid, the TV money in the prem would be a god send. Even if we went down ,  we would get parachute payments which would no doubt help again and leave us in a strong position against the other clubs who for sure will still be struggling post covid.
In fact the financial aspect alone out weighs anything in this debate i think so i wont say anymore, the financial benefits of promotion in the current climate cant be overstated and how anyone could suggest not getting promoted  is a good thing is beyond me.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, northern boro said:

Rumour Boro are interested in Adam Reach contract expires at the end of the season

I'd rather not tbh. Steady championship player but not really what we need. Doesn't offer the speed and creativity we still need.

• Like 1

I dont want Adam Reach. Only time he would be useful is if you are a playing a wing back system and he your left wing back. Which we are not anymore and even if we were we got “Neymarv” for that.

• Like 1

I can't say I've seen Reach operating at left-back or any form of that position for a long time. Whenever he's played against us recently, he's been operating behind the forwards in some capacity. I'm not entirely sure whether he's just a goal threat or whether he's a good creative player too from what I've seen of him.

I don't think there's much doubt in his credentials as a player capable of performing at this level. When he left us, he was a promising young player who didn't have a chance in a then Premier League team. I think he's improved a fair bit since then so the whole 'returning player' thing doesn't bother me so much. It's more about whether Warnock would actually find a place in the side for him. I think he'd have more chance than Patrick Roberts, though.

I’d be against Reach returning purely due to the fact that he wears a base layer no matter what the weather. We don’t need that kind of negativity 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, TheJew said:

Big money offers coming in for Tav. Everton and Leeds were the front runners, now looking like Wolves are into pole position.

You heard this or has it been reported? I had seen them teams were interested but nothing about big money offers 

• Haha 1
  • Tom locked this topic