oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window 2021 AKA "Didn't we do well"

2 hours ago, tmcc said:

i think this is difficult to find though, alot harder and much more risky getting than a proven champ/prem standard playeron loan. also, i dont think its a viable option to buy youth prospects in january as you will likely pay over the odds and they might not slot in straight away. the january window is more commonly for plugging gaps in the current to help you acheive your seasons goals which is why i personally think bringing proven talent is better option.

Fair points. Its never easy unearthing genuine talent from smaller clubs and bringing them in at bargain prices...thats the dream.

Proven talent can also work, but it depends very much on the attitude of the player. Some can feel they are too good for a club and may not put in the effort. Whereas a player with a point to prove will obviously give that much more.

• Like 1
  • Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can’t believe that people on here are condemning a possible signing because of rumours that he dealt drugs.    One thing or squad is crying out for is someone that can distribute well 😳

Fletcher is close to signing a new contract.

Posted Images

45 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Newsflash: Guy with only attacking midfield qualities struggles when asked to defend and play deeper. 

Can only echo Wilson here. Wing has plenty of Championship quality. Tackling and running anywhere particularly quickly are not any of them, so why do we keep asking him to do it? Get him up the pitch and let him roam around the 18 yard box.

Only problem with that is his shots only go in if he's at least 30 yards out... 😉

• Haha 3

Ben Whiteman DRFC cm is decent and has a bid in for him from PNE , with interest from others including Forest and Derby  . £1.5m knocked back , it would take a bit over that to get him .edit - bid accepted by PNE . Missing a trick here .

Goalscoring box to box midfielder , 8 goals 7 assists this season , 6ft 1in , age 24 , captain , leader . Ticks all the boxes , he would suit us , I would love us to go for him. Could fill in as centre half when needed . Like Paddy .

also like st Johnstone CM Ali McCann , age 21 , talented lad .

I would also be happy with Mowatt , Alan Browne , or Ben Pearson .who are coming to the end of their contracts so may be cheaper than Ben Whiteman.

connor Hourihane on loan would be my choice as a Attacking Midfielder ,Wages would be the issue though .

kwadwo Baah , the 17 year old winger at Rochdale scored 2 last night and looks the part . We are linked , so I hope there are legs in this .

Edited by Simply Red
Change of circumstances
  • Like 2

With the pandemic measures I'm guessing it's much harder for people to gain access to the squads and staff at Football Clubs, so ITK info is a little bit harder to come by currently. 

I sometimes get to hear little bits about Midlands clubs being down here, but haven't seen/spoken to any of the lads who usually have it during the lockdowns. 

Aside from that - seen Connor Wickham is being linked with Bristol City as a potential replacement if Diedhou does go, so that one seems to have legs. 

• Like 2
32 minutes ago, Snowblind said:

With the pandemic measures I'm guessing it's much harder for people to gain access to the squads and staff at Football Clubs, so ITK info is a little bit harder to come by currently. 

I sometimes get to hear little bits about Midlands clubs being down here, but haven't seen/spoken to any of the lads who usually have it during the lockdowns. 

Aside from that - seen Connor Wickham is being linked with Bristol City as a potential replacement if Diedhou does go, so that one seems to have legs. 

If the Connor Wickham story has legs then it is more than the man himself has, with his recent run of injuries

• Haha 1
16 minutes ago, Boromir said:

If I got google translate right, Tomas Mejias cancelled his loan at Dinamo and also terminated his contact with Boro to join another English club. (source: https://www.gsp.ro/fotbal/liga-1/dinamo-tomas-mejias-si-a-gasit-echipa-in-anglia-620816.html=

Does anyone have further information on this? 

Birmingham would be my guess...

• Haha 2
9 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

Stoke getting a few more bodies in. Jack Clarke the latest. 

They gotta blend thought rather 1 quality player than bodies as that's what we need that 1 match winning attacker

• Like 1
  • Tom locked this topic