oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window 2021 AKA "Didn't we do well"

51 minutes ago, Snowblind said:

Probably one of the few places he could still pick up £40k/week. On paper, at least. Turkish clubs don't have the best track record of actually paying their staff. Or dealing with racist fans.

Still though. Stay there 1.5-2 years, keep picking up a pretty penny, come back to the Champo for the twilight of his career. He'll be sorted by then.

Yeah at the end of the day, if he wants to keep his wages higher, he's not gonna get even close to what he's on here in England unless a Prem club is desperate and doesn't mind paying big wages for a lower transfer fee. I'm not at all shocked by him moving to Turkey if that is indeed where he's heading.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can’t believe that people on here are condemning a possible signing because of rumours that he dealt drugs.    One thing or squad is crying out for is someone that can distribute well 😳

Fletcher is close to signing a new contract.

Posted Images

7 hours ago, p_mards said:

Aye, today James Nursey from the Mirror said there’s interest in Assombalonga from Turkey. I still think he’ll end up at a domestic club like Bournemouth or Fulham.

I read the Mirror thing as pure speculation that we wanted to offload him now if we want to recoup some money before his contract runs out, and that there could be interest from the CHampionship and maybe Turkey.

26 minutes ago, Snowblind said:

That is some wallpaper...

It's probably £100 a roll as well. If you look really closely at the photo, you can see it's stained with the tears of the Turkish decorator who had to try and hang it without ripping it.

• Haha 2
16 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

It's probably £100 a roll as well. If you look really closely at the photo, you can see it's stained with the tears of the Turkish decorator who had to try and hang it without ripping it.

We also might have known that Mejias is the type of guy to wear beige chinos...

4 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Interesting. Dinamo said he was joining a British club. Guess that was just some misinformation!

Must have got lost in translation. They probably meant brute-ish. He'll be gone without pay before the season ends.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, p_mards said:

Aye, today James Nursey from the Mirror said there’s interest in Assombalonga from Turkey. I still think he’ll end up at a domestic club like Bournemouth or Fulham.

EFL interest is supposedly Derby but they have no money..

• Tom locked this topic