• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can’t believe that people on here are condemning a possible signing because of rumours that he dealt drugs.    One thing or squad is crying out for is someone that can distribute well 😳

Fletcher is close to signing a new contract.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, wilsoncgp said:

Do you ever actually have anything to contribute other than laughing at people or calling them names? 44 posts on this forum and the most substantial comment you've made is asking if we were after Marcus Maddison one transfer window. 90% of your comments are pretty much the same as this one. I think @TLF10 is being generous saying he respects you as a poster, to be honest.

I am a diplomatic soul @wilsoncgp

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
1 hour ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

Il be very surprised if we do anything major this window with the lack of money. 

Same here I think if we managed to get a big fee for someone like Spence it would mainly (and understandably) go into the coffers.

Britt leaving opens up more opportunities as his wage could bring in cover for several positions. 

Our best bet will be deadline day loans of players who won’t be included in their teams 25 when the window closes.

We are only two or three players away from a solid push for the play offs it depends if we can take a calculated risk.

the other issue I look at with regards to Britt is who better could you bring in. The only option I can think of is a target man for Appomattox or Watmore to play off.

I don't get why we aren't signing the next bola, Dijksteel and browns for a few hundred grand so we have the pipline coming through for this "golden thread " moneyball business model if we want to copy brentford. As they are only successful as continually pulling players through their club. Shows lack of scouting network we have 

1 minute ago, DurhamRed said:

I don't get why we aren't signing the next bola, Dijksteel and browns for a few hundred grand so we have the pipline coming through for this "golden thread " moneyball business model if we want to copy brentford. As they are only successful as continually pulling players through their club. Shows lack of scouting network we have 

Everyone is trying this and it’s not as easy as it sounds. Brentford have done well in the leagues they have targeted but with Brexit are going to have to change their scouting.

We did try it with player like Burrell, Miller, Jako, and did well in turning players over. As a club we should have shouted about it a bit more. Most of that was done under aorta iirc

• Like 1

@DurhamRed 

firstly, Warnock wants players who can impact the starting 11.

Secondly i think the type to be signing your next dijksteels etc will be summer time and not in Jan.

Thirdly, even to sign these type of upcoming players you need money. We currently not got any hence why we looking at loan market at moment

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Kelloe said:

😂😂😂

What a clown.

Insulting but I’ll excuse it based on your intelligence. Counter the post, explain your ignorance? What exactly don’t you agree with? 

Edited by sanddancer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

The trouble I have is Steve Gibson has literal being out done the last few years by Delia Smith she has less wealth similar size of club etc but is being outdoing us on managerial ability and recruitment 

• Like 1

It’s disappointing knowing we probably aren’t going to ‘have a go’ in January. Obviously Covid circumstances make it a slightly easier pill to swallow but feel like there is a real opportunity to be taken this season.

Financially, there’s some big hitters ahead of us but we’ve more than matched them in the games we’ve played against them. 

We’ve got a good core and just need to add a bit of quality that will allow us to eliminate some of of our inconsistency. 

No doubt having Fletcher back will help but that quality out wide I still think we miss and I still think we’re without genuine technical ability in midfield. Hourihane would give us exactly that so fingers crossed we can push through a loan deal. 

Yesterday’s result was a really hard one to take and watch so I’m hoping Gibson will have seen what we all saw and is willing to put his hands in his pocket and give us a real chance of breaking into the top six and establishing ourselves. 

• Like 3

I suspect a lot of people, like me, are frustrated by the fact it's a fairly weak league this season, and we aren't far away from getting into the play-offs. I honestly believe if we added a creative ACM and a one-in-two-to-three striker, we'd finish top six. But as it is, we don't have the strength in depth to change things, and the likes of Wing are luxury players we can't afford to start with.

Yesterday was a punch in the tits, but I suspect Warnock will have the players fully fired up midweek, and there were probably some extenuating circumstances yesterday. And if Watmore is even 70 per cent fit, he starts, simply because nobody else can give us that creative spark.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Dan1234 said:

Max Meyer had his contract ripped up by Crystal Palace. There's our Gaston signing for 6 months! He was on 170k a week though.

He is totally what we need that number 10 player however reckon a westbrom might get him 

1 hour ago, DurhamRed said:

He is totally what we need that number 10 player however reckon a westbrom might get him 

Been linked with Rangers and smallish clubs in Germany so maybe hes lowered his demands quite a bit. He was on a free and a top prospect when Palace signed him so that's probably why he got that obscene contract. Doesnt hurt to ask the question. 

I will suggest a few , let me know your thoughts ? 
Patrick Klimala Loan CF or swap for Akpom 

kenneth Zohore Loan CF 

Joe Lolley NFFC , RW AM , age 28 , not getting a game , swap for Britt .

Connor Hourihane  on loan , left and right wings sorted .

Matt Longstaff NUFC - swap for Spence . or Loan 

Alex Mowatt BFC - Ben Pearson PNE - Johnson PNE - Wallace Millwall - Chair QPR - Hamer CCFC  - Josh Mullin Livingston - Nick Powell - Swap for Johnson / Wing / Saville / Howson / Morsy ,Roberts -  any could be replaced 

A centre half who wins his airial battles and scores goals .

One from John Guthrie Livingston , Declan Gallagher Motherwell , Liam Lindsay Stoke , Lewis Montsma Lincoln , Nat Phillips Loan 

Stand still or be ruthless and swap a few , even Akpom and Morsy 

won’t happen I know , but ? 

Edited by Simply Red
Options ?
  • Tom locked this topic