oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window 2021 AKA "Didn't we do well"

1 hour ago, Redcar Rioja said:

If we get promoted would we want Assombalonga and Fletcher in the Premiership?

I'm all for being sensible and consider doing a Norwich in taking the cash but keeping the team together and coming back down again but if they are out of contract then surely we may as well look to sign better? Its not as if either have set the Riverside alight, not bad for this level but thats about it.

Yeah I'd keep them for cover and bring in a main striker like we did with Negredo when we were up last time. But to be honest if Britt ever wants a chance to play in the Premiership I think us getting promoted via the playoffs is his only bet now or  never for him. 

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can’t believe that people on here are condemning a possible signing because of rumours that he dealt drugs.    One thing or squad is crying out for is someone that can distribute well 😳

Fletcher is close to signing a new contract.

Posted Images

Fletcher and Britt do not surprise me as players on higher salaries during the season Gibson said he was going to smash the league and my opinion set himself up to be milked by Clubs and Agents alike knowing money was available. 

Personally, if the club things Britt is leaving I'd rather get some return on him now vs waiting till end of Season. As for Fletcher, I hope his time here over last two seasons have shown he has talent and to stay here. He has come on leaps and bounds. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, xathras said:

Fletcher and Britt do not surprise me as players on higher salaries during the season Gibson said he was going to smash the league and my opinion set himself up to be milked by Clubs and Agents alike knowing money was available. 

Personally, if the club things Britt is leaving I'd rather get some return on him now vs waiting till end of Season. As for Fletcher, I hope his time here over last two seasons have shown he has talent and to stay here. He has come on leaps and bounds. 

what kind of return are you expecting? no one has money to spend

• Like 1

Any new contracts for either should be heavily incentivised by performance, give them the opportunity to earn good money but only with win / goal / assist bonuses.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
20 minutes ago, Priv said:

Any new contracts for either should be heavily incentivised by performance, give them the opportunity to earn good money but only with win / goal / assist bonuses.

100% on this.

Provide good goal, assist and win bonuses

• Like 1
4 hours ago, AnglianRed said:

Actually I was thinking of Jon Stewart. I mean come on - the 90s was definitely his heyday. He'd be well past it now. 🤪

Maybe we could sign Moira Stewart? Attacks don't have to be taxing...

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, SmogDane said:

Offer them a lower wage, but a BIG promotion bonus and wage raise ... Maybe a big bonus for 15 plus goals each

I say this ..  and ...

image.png.e5c1a76d7e1bda41f03be1c8533d7403.png

1 hour ago, Priv said:

A new guy says this ... and  everybody goes ...

Tim And Eric Omg GIF

• Like 2
  • Haha 6
9 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

I say this ..  and ...

image.png.e5c1a76d7e1bda41f03be1c8533d7403.png

A new guy says this ... and  everybody goes ...

Tim And Eric Omg GIF

Poor thing. It’s almost like you’re that irritating noisy kid in class that no one really gives enough attention😜

• Haha 2
  • Thanks 1

They do say you can go a bit stale after a while. Maybe it’s time for new blood. Perhaps we need a fresh voice around the dressing room? Someone the forum can engage with and bring in new ideas. It seems obvious with your statement, that  you’ve lost the confidence of the dressing room. It’s only a matter of time really before you end up on the Blackburn forum. Vive la revolution!! 😁😂😂

• Haha 1
  • Wow 1

Just to throw a really left field option out there. Our mates Steaua Bucharest have a player called Florin Tanase, he's 26 predominantly plays attacking midfield, but can and has played plenty of games up front and wide on the left. In 18/19 he had 18 goal involvements (goals and assists) in 34 league games. In 19/20 he had 13 goal involvements in 30 league games. So far in 20/21 he has 17 goal involvements in 14 games.

They signed him 4 years ago for €1.5m, he is also their current captain, so I'm not 100% sure we'd be able to afford him, especially given our circumstances. 

They also have a right winger, Dennis Man, who has some ridiculous numbers goals and assist wise. But he is hugely out of our price range, Norwich were linked with him recently and baulked at the figure Steaua wanted. Florentina are rumoured to have bid around €12m for Man. 

Edited by DanFromDownSouth
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Just to throw a really left field option out there. Our mates Steaua Bucharest have a player called Florin Tanase, he's 26 predominantly plays attacking midfield, but can and has played plenty of games up front and wide on the left. In 18/19 he had 18 goal involvements (goals and assists) in 34 league games. In 19/20 he had 13 goal involvements in 30 league games. So far in 20/21 he has 17 goal involvements in 14 games.

They signed him 4 years ago for €1.5m, he is also their current captain, so I'm not 100% sure we'd be able to afford him, especially given our circumstances. 

They also have a right winger, Dennis Man, who has some ridiculous numbers goals and assist wise. But he is hugely out of our price range, Norwich were linked with him recently and baulked at the figure Steaua wanted. Florentina are rumoured to have bid around €12m for Man. 

Boro have been made aware of Tanase , Man , and Coman over the last couple of years , I have been told by a reputable source , because they are very good , and consistent , and relatively cheap compared to other markets .

All 3 would improve most teams , I'm amazed Premier clubs have not gone in for them as a ready made 3 man attacking unit .

Great shout ,we don't have the finances to go for the likes of them , but wish I was wrong , as I would take any of them .

And if we did manage to scrape up , I would take all 3  👍🏻

Edited by Simply Red
More info
  • Like 1
  • Tom locked this topic