oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window 2021 AKA "Didn't we do well"

6 hours ago, DurhamRed said:

No chance you gotta be pretty bad to not be able to get starts at Newcastle 

What.. premier league newcastle? Be realistic here we are a team who could have easily been in league 1 this season. Don’t let rivalry blind you. Newcastle have been poor but still have players that would walk into our team 

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can’t believe that people on here are condemning a possible signing because of rumours that he dealt drugs.    One thing or squad is crying out for is someone that can distribute well 😳

Fletcher is close to signing a new contract.

Posted Images

7 hours ago, p_mards said:

Henri Saivet could be the mystery winger/forward that Warnock has lined up for a loan move. It’s just a hunch as he’s the sort of player that Warnock likes. He’s out of contract at the end of the season so will surely be eager to impress and earn a good contract.

I think somewhere along the lines he turned into a defensive centre midfielder and doesnt play out wide anymore

I remember he was great on FM as a winger years ago, but I don't think that's how it's turned out for him

7 hours ago, p_mards said:

Henri Saivet could be the mystery winger/forward that Warnock has lined up for a loan move. It’s just a hunch as he’s the sort of player that Warnock likes. He’s out of contract at the end of the season so will surely be eager to impress and earn a good contract.

Doesn't fit the bill of what Warnock said about the player. The guy we have lined up has been in match day squads and played a part. Saivet hasn't played a single minute, or even made any squads.

Between Saivet, Atsu, and Lazaar, they're haemorrhaging over £100k/week on players who don't even get a sniff. I know we complain about some of our deals, but Newcastle take it to a whole new level. 

If it was saivet it would have been done as Newcastle have no interest in not signing off on it. He’s become that bad. The player in question is someone who still adds value to his club so they are holding off on confirming it as they might need to get someone in first. At least that’s how I’ve understood it from warnocks quote. 

2 hours ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

If we are looking at Newcastle I would want Matt Ritchie. Warnock has praised him in the past as well. 

Paper gossip is that he may be part of a swap deal with Bournemouth for Philip Billing.

14 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Richie is still making the matchday squad isn't he? I think he might be a bit out of our reach.

Been on the bench the last 2 or 3 games but been out of the squad for a month or so before then. Don’t know if he was injured.

Bournemouth would be a good move him but I can dream

3 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Been on the bench the last 2 or 3 games but been out of the squad for a month or so before then. Don’t know if he was injured.

Bournemouth would be a good move him but I can dream

He started the 3 games they had against City, Liverpool and Leicester. But they've been playing him as a left-back/wing-back. 

We were linked with him a few windows ago, but I think Newcastle wanted something like £15m.

59 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Godfrey is a strange one, didn't we let him go before he turned 16?

Did we let him go, or did he want to go? Went back to York, didn’t he, so maybe just not ready at that age to be away from home and friends.

On 1/22/2021 at 6:08 PM, xathras said:

Gibson said he was going to smash the league and my opinion set himself up to be milked by Clubs and Agents alike knowing money was available.

How many more times will this be used as a stick by people to beat Steve Gibson with? He never said that. He said that 'we want to smash the league" Two totally different things.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, ScarBoro said:

Did we let him go, or did he want to go? Went back to York, didn’t he, so maybe just not ready at that age to be away from home and friends.

I'm not sure, think judging the club on players that leave/get released at that age is a tough one. But players leaving at 19/20 (onwards) is a bit easier to judge.

37 minutes ago, TMG501 said:

How many more times will this be used as a stick by people to beat Steve Gibson with? He never said that. He said that 'we want to smash the league" Two totally different things.

He also said we will have resources etc. So whatever way we put it, i think that caused a lot of the price inflation. Either way, I love Gibson and sorry if came across as a bash of him.

Either way we live, we move on and look forward to these signings from NW

• Like 2
  • Tom locked this topic