oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window 2021 AKA "Didn't we do well"

5 hours ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

There is nothing to suggest Hall has persistent injuries like Ayala, he had a bad one but then played 30 games last season before the season was paused. There is nothing to say he can't find fitness long term for us

I genuinely hope you are right and that I am wrong. He originally had a hamstring injury after 4 games for us and just as he was getting close to returning he then suffered a front thigh injury in training which I think required surgery putting him out for at least an additional 10 to 12 weeks which would put his return at around mid to late Feb if his rehab goes to plan. Added to his previous serious long lay off before coming here and it doesn't fill me with optimism. Like I said I hope you are right and my pessimism is without foundation.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can’t believe that people on here are condemning a possible signing because of rumours that he dealt drugs.    One thing or squad is crying out for is someone that can distribute well 😳

Fletcher is close to signing a new contract.

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

I think we would need to see a departure or two for any signs of incomings but you never know

Speaking last week with my mate who gave me the Watmore info he said that Boro are looking to do 3 in 3 out.

Britt, Roberts and Wood were the three out  (Wood on loan).

other than maybe Wood I don’t think much will have changed.

It's a shame there's no sign of someone coming in before Rotherham. Warnock seemed confident of that and keen for it to happen.

For me, being the 7th best team in the league this season is OK based on the last few seasons. It's a shame if we cannot push on this season but once again more high wages will be gone in the summer. 

I hope either Warnock stays or Gibson goes for someone like Paul Cook. He's done great with teams so far and I would be happy to trust him with this squad and any cash Gibson can give him.

I do think if we don't go up the likes of Paddy, Fry, Tav and Dijksteel may attract interest. I wonder if we sold one we could keep hold of the others. Hopefully we don't have to sell them all. 

Next season even more of the kids could be ready which is quite exciting really. Especially as we may actually get to see them in person.

Fingers crossed for this week and the rest of the season. Hopefully Gibson can work out how to splash a bit of cash.

24 minutes ago, edinboro said:

For me, being the 7th best team in the league this season is OK based on the last few seasons. It's a shame if we cannot push on this season but once again more high wages will be gone in the summer. 

The last few seasons haven’t been bad. We finished 5th and 7th before last season. I really know think with some semi competent last season we would have been around 7th as well.

47 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

I genuinely hope you are right and that I am wrong. He originally had a hamstring injury after 4 games for us and just as he was getting close to returning he then suffered a front thigh injury in training which I think required surgery putting him out for at least an additional 10 to 12 weeks which would put his return at around mid to late Feb if his rehab goes to plan. Added to his previous serious long lay off before coming here and it doesn't fill me with optimism. Like I said I hope you are right and my pessimism is without foundation.

To be fair if Hall plays after January it’s an upgrade on Ayala 😂

• Haha 3
10 hours ago, TheJew said:

I actually don't see the point in signing anyone this window.

I know you're doing your "thing" again but I certainly wouldnt be giving warnock money either now. A couple of loans would be nice but Warnock has never been good at spending money and I'd rather we weren't left with another Hall or Akpom when we hopefully get a new guy in for next season.

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Redcar Rioja said:

I agree, very rarely do clubs allow decent players to leave in the January window. If a particular "bargain" becomes available then fine but we usually overpay to sign dross that most of us on here know will crash and burn before a ball is kicked, (Guedioura and Gestede come all too readily readily to mind).

Whoever comes in needs to be available to play immediately and not waiting until they get fit. It makes more sense to loan players at this stage and then do our shopping in the Summer when 150 contracts will have have expired.

I was thinking much the same.

We struggle to attract decent players at the best of times, even when we have cash to splash (hence why we often seem to pay over the odds for players who are average at best).

Right now I just can't see us bringing anyone in who will significantly improve our squad and aid a play-off push.

That being the case, if all we're going to do is get a couple of lads in as cover, in the event of injuries, or first team players needing a rest, the most sensible option is short term loan signings.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Dan1234 said:

I know you're doing your "thing" again but I certainly wouldnt be giving warnock money either now. A couple of loans would be nice but Warnock has never been good at spending money and I'd rather we weren't left with another Hall or Akpom when we hopefully get a new guy in for next season.

Dont understand why anyone would not want warnock in charge next season. Theres no one better at this level. I dont care what anyone says but were over achieving this season when you look at the squad we've got. 

26 minutes ago, Dan1234 said:

Hall wasn't Warnock's signing, both he and Hall have said that.

He also didn't cost anything.

14 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Hall wasn't Warnock's signing, both he and Hall have said that.

He also didn't cost anything.

He's on a decent chunk though Hall. Got a very good contract. Beauty of not paying for players i guess 

Edited by nunthorpered
1 minute ago, TheJew said:

We are a midtable team that will finish midtable.

Why risk bringing people in now? What is it actually going to change?

We're 7th and 3 points off 6th, with just under half the season left.

Not that I have any expectation of reaching it, but even 2nd is only 7 points away.

It could change everything.

The only reason not to do it is finances.

• Like 5
14 minutes ago, TheJew said:

We are a midtable team that will finish midtable.

Why risk bringing people in now? What is it actually going to change?

You okay man? You're allowed to be a little positive sometimes you know. We're a fringe playoff quality team, hence why we're 7th half way through the season. A signing or two could make the difference.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Tom locked this topic