oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window 2021 AKA "Didn't we do well"

13 minutes ago, RichAcklam2404 said:

I think he will turn to this mystery winger now from abroad, sure he said his contract is up in the summer, it was just a case of gambling for these 6 months. 

I remember at the start of the season when Warnock missed out on his top targets and none of them are pulling up any trees, so this could be another blessing in disguise. You never know. 

Admire the optimism, personally just think he means we're back after bolasie, which I think improves us, ideally like some sort of swap deal involving britt, but realistically that won't happen

• Like 2
  • Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can’t believe that people on here are condemning a possible signing because of rumours that he dealt drugs.    One thing or squad is crying out for is someone that can distribute well 😳

Fletcher is close to signing a new contract.

Posted Images

Just now, scotty189 said:

Admire the optimism, personally just think he means we're back after bolasie, which I think improves us, ideally like some sort of swap deal involving britt, but realistically that won't happen

He did make a little comment about our out of contracts players which I think he refers to Britt, I wouldn’t rule that out right now. 

I can see it now. Latest news. BORO fail to sign several players and beat the deadline after discovering a squirrel had chewed through the fax cable. It was not obviously apparent the line was dead for some time, as the cleaner frequently  uses the same electrical outlet when cleaning the fish tank. 
A investigation revealed although past minor mishaps had in someway contributed in targeted players not signing, it in know way has affected our ability as a club to  progress. On the same note EG source can reveal that in this instance it was judged to be a serious misjudgment of professionalism and the maintenance boy has been terminated. It was alleged BORO have shown compassion and will offer support to Zac as he settles back in too his playgroup. They wish him well. 

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

Warnock said: "I think towards the end of the window there will be quite a few players who are out of contract in the summer, their clubs are going to take offers because they don’t want to lose them for nothing.

"I think that’s not just the same with our strikers but we’re looking at other players at other clubs who we want as well.

"There will be one or two available and it’s about getting value for money really."

• Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

When he was talking about making bids for soon to be out of contract players the first name that came to mind was Junior Holliett at Cardiff.

I think so too, but then they have a new manager so he may wait to see if he is in his plans before signing a new deal

It’s quite obvious we as a club are following a predictable trend, or at least the media are. Talk is plentiful but actions and results in the transfer market are few and far between. Once again we near the end of another opportunity after being fed the daily bull @hi£ about selective targets, inquiry’s and offers only this time with a NW twist. This time it’s presented as though we are the tough guy with statements it’s up to him and his agent. While in reality why on earth would any respected player with a oz of ability want to sign a contract knowing we are running down many in the club. Why would you join knowing NW outcasts out of favour players. Join a club who may make the playoffs. 
The reality is we are being shunned by players and now in desperation and at the last minute looking at the numbers game, not quality.  We are hoping to pick up players who want a pay check rather then social benefits. 

• Confused 2
11 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

It’s quite obvious we as a club are following a predictable trend, or at least the media are. Talk is plentiful but actions and results in the transfer market are few and far between. Once again we near the end of another opportunity after being fed the daily bull @hi£ about selective targets, inquiry’s and offers only this time with a NW twist. This time it’s presented as though we are the tough guy with statements it’s up to him and his agent. While in reality why on earth would any respected player with a oz of ability want to sign a contract knowing we are running down many in the club. Why would you join knowing NW outcasts out of favour players. Join a club who may make the playoffs. 
The reality is we are being shunned by players and now in desperation and at the last minute looking at the numbers game, not quality.  We are hoping to pick up players who want a pay check rather then social benefits. 

Wow - that's quite a set of conclusions to draw from so little real info.

🙄

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
7 minutes ago, Snake said:

Wow - that's quite a set of conclusions to draw from so little real info.

🙄

If someone gave sanddancer £100,000,000 his first thought would be how much tax he'd have to pay on it....

• Haha 8
36 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

While in reality why on earth would any respected player with a oz of ability want to sign a contract knowing we are running down many in the club. 

More nonsense.

We've extended 6 contracts this season, and have discussed extending the remaining 3 first teamers who are out of contract in the summer. 

Edited by TeaCider24
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, TLF10 said:

When he was talking about making bids for soon to be out of contract players the first name that came to mind was Junior Holliett at Cardiff.

Plenty of very good Championship level players who are out of contract in the summer.

Issac Mbenza
Daniel Johnson
Alex Pritchard
Famara Diedhiou
Alex Mowatt
Junior Holiett
Alan Browne
Adam Reach
Sammy Ameobi
Barry Bannan
Junior Stanislas
Michael Morrison

and from the Premiership there's a few realistic options such as Murphy, Grosicki and Lansbury.

Dwight Gayle would be a dream but a promoted or relegated team will probably sign him.

@RiversideRed some good players on thar list.

Think Browne recently signed a new deal at PNE but Johnson always seems to get decent numbers  for them. He a winger who plays off the right or that just where he playing today?

Ameobi getting game time at Forest ahead of some decent players in Lolley and Knockaert. Defo take the former if he available.

Alex Pritchard is a blast from past. Seriously hampered by injuries that lad.

• Tom locked this topic