• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can’t believe that people on here are condemning a possible signing because of rumours that he dealt drugs.    One thing or squad is crying out for is someone that can distribute well 😳

Fletcher is close to signing a new contract.

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, Will said:

Bloody hell, the arrogance on you.

Good fun though Will😁

If he adds spark to the team then great, if not he joins the ranks of the great pretenders ooo a ooo a oooo!

I'm indifferent in my opinion on Bolasie - I can see both pros and cons. 

Ultimately it is a risk but the same can be said for all transfers. 

Maybe this is a bigger risk. 

Maybe he didn't tear up the championship at Villa. 

Maybe he needs Warnock to get the bets out of him.

Who knows?!

But I for one, am happier if we have another player in a squad we all think is too thin.

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, Robin Johnson said:

I am simply responding to other posters- like the ones claiming he is a good player at this level. This is an illusion and, as said, is based on hope and desperation.

I believe I put up a water tight defence against this signing. Others disagree- fair enough. However, I will say this, my opinion is based on fact and, when applying logic it is an irresistible combination that has shown is difficult - if not impossible- to put up a credible counter argument.

Your facts would have said Gaston Ramirez would have been rubbish too. The lad was on his way out of European football, going back to Uruguay, and he turned out to be the best attacking player we've ever had in the Championship since '09.

We get it, you don't want him here. But as far as we know now, he's signing. Get behind the lad. You gain absolutely nothing by being right.

• Like 2

Who's the right back we are after - any ideas floating around?

I really hope Gibson fancies having a go and gets 3 or 4 in to give Warnock a chance. Just the experience of the play offs will be good for some of the players.

9 minutes ago, edinboro said:

Who's the right back we are after - any ideas floating around?

I really hope Gibson fancies having a go and gets 3 or 4 in to give Warnock a chance. Just the experience of the play offs will be good for some of the players.

As @TLF10 said, it could very well be that Guilbert from Villa.

1 hour ago, Robin Johnson said:

I am simply responding to other posters- like the ones claiming he is a good player at this level. This is an illusion and, as said, is based on hope and desperation.

I believe I put up a water tight defence against this signing. Others disagree- fair enough. However, I will say this, my opinion is based on fact and, when applying logic it is an irresistible combination that has shown is difficult - if not impossible- to put up a credible counter argument.

This would be true if football, or any sport for that matter, was an exact science. Thankfully it’s not. If all you need is fact and logic to make a watertight case then you should get the fixed odds up every Saturday. You won’t because sometimes Sheffield Utd beat Man Utd at Old Trafford.

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, Mad_Dog_Poggy said:

The 2 he really wanted , don't seem 100% dead by the sounds of this. 

It sounds to me like we're not willing to sit back and wait for them to make their mind up. Waiting until Saturday means we'd have Sunday and Monday to get them over the line. I can only imagine waiting until after those games is because their own business isn't going as well as they'd hope. So what happens if they don't sign anyone? We get nobody.

It's a big risk to wait it out at this point, I don't think we should play the waiting game unless the alternatives don't actually improve us at all.

• Tom locked this topic