oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window 2021 AKA "Didn't we do well"

3 hours ago, uncle_rico said:

If Bolasie had been playing for Everton’s u23’s he could come straight in. No one is denying he’s a decent signing, but if he’s not fit to start and make an instant i pace then I’d rather we looked elsewhere. It does reek of desperation. Hope he proves me wrong!

I think the sense of desperation comes from the fact that we are desperate mate. We clearly had good faith in another player coming, and, as I've said before, we probably weren't all that interested in Bolasie. If we'd have really wanted him, we could have got him on New Year's Day, as Everton were never going to use him.

But with less than 5 days of the window left, you take what you can. And let's face it, he could be rubbish and still be our best attacking player at the minute.

• Like 1
  • Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can’t believe that people on here are condemning a possible signing because of rumours that he dealt drugs.    One thing or squad is crying out for is someone that can distribute well 😳

Fletcher is close to signing a new contract.

Posted Images

I'm just glad we are getting Bolasie so we can move on from this bi-annual farce we go through with him. 

There is no way he will contribute meaningfully in the best case scenario until March anyway as the guy has had zero football in quite some time. 

37 minutes ago, Snowblind said:

Aye, I mentioned Jephcott a few weeks back. Big fan. Sadly though Plymouth are refusing to even negotiate about him in this window. You'd hope we might be scouting for a potential summer move - though have a feeling it might be quite a high price. Especially if he carries on his incredible form.

Jephcott is not a signing that would suit us. You watch him play he is in the box. A poacher of goals. No way our system would get him goals. Would be a waste of a signing.

Ryan Lowe on the other hand... One I'd like us to seriously consider when Neil leaves. Great young manager.

3 minutes ago, boksicdink said:

I'm just glad we are getting Bolasie so we can move on from this bi-annual farce we go through with him. 

There is no way he will contribute meaningfully in the best case scenario until March anyway as the guy has had zero football in quite some time. 

He’s had more football in recent years than Watmore or Roberts (possibly combined).

17 minutes ago, boksicdink said:

I really think Djed Spence has been really poor and only heightens the loss of Dijksteel.

Spence was playing right back yesterday and at one point was losing the ball on the left wing in open play.

If anyone wants Spence, we should cash in because I just dont think the lad has any positional sense at all, just a liability at this point. 

I actually laughed out loud when he was over there i was thinking what the hell is he doing? If you watch him he is always waving his arms and pointing the finger at other people. 

12 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

I actually laughed out loud when he was over there i was thinking what the hell is he doing? If you watch him he is always waving his arms and pointing the finger at other people. 

In his defence this does sometimes happen to both our full backs. It's a by product of man marking that you get dragged all over the place.

• Like 1

Oh well, we have another body in. Best-case scenario, he's the next Watmore. Worst-case scenario, we send him back from whence he came at the earliest possible opportunity. Either way, with a squad as paper-thin as ours, we really can't afford to be sniffy.

6 minutes ago, Brunners said:

In his defence this does sometimes happen to both our full backs. It's a by product of man marking that you get dragged all over the place.

yeah but tbf we were in possession and he is overlapping Bola. The amount of times over the last few games Spence is picking up the ball of a CB in the centre circle is ridiculous too. 

He totally exposed Wood against Blackburn. 

6 minutes ago, boksicdink said:

yeah but tbf we were in possession and he is overlapping Bola. The amount of times over the last few games Spence is picking up the ball of a CB in the centre circle is ridiculous too. 

He totally exposed Wood against Blackburn. 

I'm not going to sit here and defend him like, I think he's been pretty awful. But even if we had possession the reason he could be over there is due to the previous phase of play so I still wouldn't necessarily hold it against him, I don't remember the specific instance mentioned.

He hasn't been good though, shown a couple flashes of decent play here and there but by and large he's been a liability.

• Like 1
  • Tom locked this topic