oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window 2021 AKA "Didn't we do well"

19 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Yeah, he's ball watching, that's precisely my point.  He knows where Rothwell was before that as he looked directly at him, and when Rothwell made as if to run in behind him, Howson countered that with his own movement.  He is clearly aware that Rothwell is there but then as you say he's just watching the ball.  Why doesn't he drop into the area when the ball is 6 yards behind him?  What exactly is he doing standing still where he is because he isn't marking anyone and he also isn't going towards the ball.  He is doing nothing of use at all. 

I said in my initial post that Howson’s position was poor when the ball went wide. He should have been deeper in the box.

Spence fell asleep and got dragged too far across allowing the lad to run on his blindside.

if I was being hypercritical I also think McNair could have taken a better approach when he went wide. 

clusterf£&@ would be my overall opinion of that goal.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can’t believe that people on here are condemning a possible signing because of rumours that he dealt drugs.    One thing or squad is crying out for is someone that can distribute well 😳

Fletcher is close to signing a new contract.

Posted Images

Fisher is a decent RB at this level, but if we get him we need a CB in too. The benefit of Guilbert was that he could.also play centrally - Fisher can't.

Gilmore is a pipedream I reckon, but never hurts to aim high. Get nothing, you've lost nothing. 

4 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

U21s don't count do they? I think we've got plenty more space than that. Brynn, Wood, Spence, Folarin, Jones and maybe Tav don't count?

Tav maybe not actually, he turned 21 last season. As did Jones.

Good point. I think they do count if they are registered squad players, the same as any other club. 

3 hours ago, Youngy228 said:

Bolasie has an incentive to play well as he needs to earn a contract with someone as he is out of one in summer.  

We lose nothing if he's a dud - apart from the wage contribution we are paying.

It might not work out but one things for sure it isn't going to be a disaster that we end up paying for for years like Gesetede!

Possibly POINTS? 

6 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

Good point. I think they do count if they are registered squad players, the same as any other club. 

You don't need to register them if they're U21 though, is the point.

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

I think a lot of this can be explained by our style of play. Our defenders lose possession a lot because they're told to nail it down the pitch everytime they get it. Spence has played on the wing a fair bit so hasn't always been exposed to that particular tactic. Even when he does play in defence he's far more liable to carry the ball and pass to a midfield area than any of our other defenders so that's why he doesn't lose the ball as much. 

Yeah the long ball stats for Dijksteel and Bola are higher than Spence and on the flip side Spence has more dribbles than either of them. Definitely tactic based for those numbers, but equally Spence has played a few games further up the pitch which may skew things again.

12 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

As Brunners says, you don't have to register U21 players. They're free to be used in addition to 25 registered senior professionals.

12 minutes ago, Snowblind said:

As Brunners says, you don't have to register U21 players. They're free to be used in addition to 25 registered senior professionals.

Learn something new everyday. So we have 21 squad players & 2 x 20 + 1 x 18 year old. 

We've already got someone on here with a visceral dislike of Bolassie. Who's going to take on the same role with Fisher, now we've apparently had an offer for him accepted? Anyone unable to hear the name Darnell without wanting to spit on the floor or kick the cat?

• Haha 2
  • Tom locked this topic