oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window 2021 AKA "Didn't we do well"

We were much, much better defensively at the start of the season when Dijksteel was playing right centre back in a back 5 with spence as a wing back. Personally I’d go back to that formation once Fry is back

• Like 1
  • Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can’t believe that people on here are condemning a possible signing because of rumours that he dealt drugs.    One thing or squad is crying out for is someone that can distribute well 😳

Fletcher is close to signing a new contract.

Posted Images

Here's a question for you all, as he's a fullback...

Who is your favourite and least favourite fullback Boro have signed? (either flank)

Loved Quedrue and Nsue in particular but I'm going for Geremi! Least favourite was Barragan, the way he couldn't take a throw in blew my mind! 

10 minutes ago, Blanco said:

I wonder does he see Dijksteel moving into central defence?

I've preferred him at right back, so I hope not permanently.

But it does give us more versatility and depth.

Can play Dijksteel in two positions, can sub him for a more trusted defender.

We'd manage okay in defence for the rest of the season as long as Bola stays fit.

1 minute ago, Snowblind said:

Some selected bits:

" Selling Darnell for 300k to a Championship rival isn’t the brightest of ideas?"

"It’s been alluded to on here that Neil rates him, but those above don’t"

"Depends on how good you think Darnell is. I just want someone that doesn’t have to be subbed every game due to being at risk of sending off."

"Strange season... before we started we would have all agreed that; Fisher, Davies, Pearson, Johnson would all be first on the team sheet. We’re going in to the second half of the season without 3 of them..."

Brilliant, thank you... no better gauge than the fans who watch him. No one seems thrilled about him going from there which is positive! 

1 minute ago, TeaCider24 said:

I've preferred him at right back, so I hope not permanently.

But it does give us more versatility and depth.

Can play Dijksteel in two positions, can sub him for a more trusted defender.

We'd manage okay in defence for the rest of the season as long as Bola stays fit.

Somebody said earlier that Fisher has also played left back so he could be the perfect cover for either side

3 minutes ago, Whoppy said:

Here's a question for you all, as he's a fullback...

Who is your favourite and least favourite fullback Boro have signed? (either flank)

Loved Quedrue and Nsue in particular but I'm going for Geremi! Least favourite was Barragan, the way he couldn't take a throw in blew my mind! 

Favourite was by a country mile - Christian Ziege!

I would of said Geremi as I think he's the best loan signing we have ever made personally, but he played more RM

Least favourite - Djed Spence 😂.TBF It's really Justin Hoyte but Spence reminds me so much of him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, diggerlad07 said:

Favourite was by a country mile - Christian Ziege!

I would of said Geremi as I think he's the best loan signing we have ever made personally, but he played more RM

Least favourite - Djed Spence 😂.TBF It's really Justin Hoyte but Spence reminds me so much of him.

Ziege was quality, but a bit of a snake. Spence as your least favourite right back of all time made me chuckle

• Haha 1
Just now, mendieta420 said:

I suspect his injury is worse than reported so need a proper right back to see the season out.

Yes that’s a very real possibility @mendieta420. Hopefully not correct but it very well could be 

• Tom locked this topic