oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window 2021 AKA "Didn't we do well"

46 minutes ago, Alves car salesman said:

EXCLUSIVE! Sam Cosgrove in Birmingham City transfer bid as Aberdeen weigh up £2million offer for star striker

They’ve bid 2 million for Kevin Nisbet from hibs personally I’d stay well clear of strikers from Scotland 

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can’t believe that people on here are condemning a possible signing because of rumours that he dealt drugs.    One thing or squad is crying out for is someone that can distribute well 😳

Fletcher is close to signing a new contract.

Posted Images

45 minutes ago, Kelloe said:

David Hodgson, Danny Graham, Adam Reach, Hayden Coulson

Arthur Horsfield was from Newcastle and the most Geordie speaking person I have ever heard. Asked for his autograph in about 1967 and when he spoke I could not understand a word he said. Bit of an unsung here for Boro. Never gets much of a mention but his record for us was phenomenal  51 goals in 111 games. 

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, Boroinredcar said:

Would not touch him with a barge pole.

to be fair he's exactly the kind of striker Warnock needs for how he wants to play.

I still think there might be some last minute movement on Diedhiou though instead.

7 hours ago, Barnaby said:

I think we gotta stop shipping goals first, then work on scoring em

But it'd be nice for a boro side to play to outscored the opposition not concede less than the opposition 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

But it'd be nice for a boro side to play to outscored the opposition not concede less than the opposition 

That isn't a boro trait at all though! I don't think we have had that in us since having Hasselbaink, Viduka and Yakubu in attack. 

5 minutes ago, Whoppy said:

That isn't a boro trait at all though! I don't think we have had that in us since having Hasselbaink, Viduka and Yakubu in attack. 

It should be, though. This modern day football obsession with keeping things tight and narrow and strangling games is absolute dog. I'm not saying to the extreme of Bielsaball i.e 'literally having no defensive structure at all', but there's got to be something more to the beautiful game than what we see week in week out.

• Like 1

Arthur Horsefield did in fact have an excellent scoring record. but he almost scored  at least twice as many.  He was often known on the terraces as "donkey".

He was also a foil for John O'Rourke and if I remember correctly they scored 60 goals between them one season

6 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Hope Sam Cosgrove flops at Birmingham because he's been a rumoured target a few times.

I saw him tear Hibs apart last game of the 2018 season. He's big and strong and was at the centre of everything Aberdeen did well. Not the quickest, though, and Hibs' defence that day were nowhere near Championship quality. I had wanted him for us, but he's definitely not quite as good this season. Seem to remember he was one of the Aberdeen lockdown breakers, so perhaps he's still suffering, or perhaps it's his knee injury still.

• Tom locked this topic