oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window 2021 AKA "Didn't we do well"

He sounds like Spence. Post from Preston board.

Fisher on his day was brilliant and he was our best right back.

When he had a off day he was a liability.

Think his antics got to the point where the club or manager couldn't trust him anymore.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can’t believe that people on here are condemning a possible signing because of rumours that he dealt drugs.    One thing or squad is crying out for is someone that can distribute well 😳

Fletcher is close to signing a new contract.

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, Boroinredcar said:

Think his antics got to the point where the club or manager couldn't trust him anymore.

Spence hasn't had a good day this season, where as by all accounts Fisher is fairly consistent

56 minutes ago, Boroinredcar said:

Footballing wise I think he's pretty consistent. I believe he's a bit of a hot head and can get a bit carried away.

1 hour ago, Boroinredcar said:

Sounds nothing like Spence.

At no point has Spence ever been our best right back, and none of his defensive failings are because he has a temperament and gives away fouls.

Every negative remark I've seen about Fisher is that he's hot-headed and gives away stupid fouls but is largely a capable defender, that and he's a bit short.

Edited by TeaCider24
1 hour ago, Boroinredcar said:

He's played at this level for 4 years.. unless Spence improves greatly he won't last 1 more year nevermind 4.

• Like 2

The amount of people here writing spence off is full on depressing. He's 20 years old. 90% or players his age are playing in the u23s. He's got a long way to go and a long time to get there so how about we support him instead of nailing him every chance we get?

• Like 12
10 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

The amount of people here writing spence off is full on depressing. He's 20 years old. 90% or players his age are playing in the u23s. He's got a long way to go and a long time to get there so how about we support him instead of nailing him every chance we get?

I don’t think it’s as black or white as that. I’m sure 99.9% of people on here want Spence to succeed I know I do. However not at the expense of the team. If we were a work in progress (or at least the powers that be said that) we could understand sacrificing a few games to allow players to progress and then in 2/3 seasons we make a good run at promotion. But that’s not what we want from this season a lot of people want a good shot at the play offs and if that’s the case we can’t have passengers or players that are developing

• Like 3
22 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

I asked Bailey on twitter if he thinks Britt will go before Monday and said he can see it happening . Weather or not it happens im sure we will be trying to get rid. 

I would take that with a massive pinch of salt

14 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

I'm not writing him off, I just don't think he's currently good enough to be playing regularly for us.

He's got the raw pace and a bit of trickery that makes me think he can definitely get there, but not right now.

32 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

I asked Bailey on twitter if he thinks Britt will go before Monday and said he can see it happening . Weather or not it happens im sure we will be trying to get rid. 

Imagine not being blocked by GB 

• Haha 2
44 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Absolutely agree with this. He’s not ready yet but it’s well possible that he will get there. He deserves support and not constant complaining about him

In my opinion we have made 2 decent signings. Both seem like good characters around the dressing room, with potential to be better than they have recently shown. I’m pretty sure Warnock can show them enough love and guidance to get the best out of them and help with our promotion push. I really don’t get the comment about Bolasie using up valuable funds. Who else would we get with the class/potential (for us, not age wise) for no fee and the other club picking up a large chunk of his wages? It’s a challenge at the moment to get anyone in, never mind someone of his ability. I would be surprised if we are paying more than 25k a week and am personally excited to see what he can bring. It obviously hasn’t stopped us signing other players and It’s a shot to nothing in my eyes. Another signing or two and we could be in with a real shot of making the playoffs. I agree with the comment that the last defeat really opened our eyes and Warnock has no doubt had his say. Hopefully now it’s onwards and upwards!

• Like 3
  • Tom locked this topic