• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can’t believe that people on here are condemning a possible signing because of rumours that he dealt drugs.    One thing or squad is crying out for is someone that can distribute well 😳

Fletcher is close to signing a new contract.

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, Birdie said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe many of our recent defeats have occurred when Dijksteel wasn't playing. 

We've lost 9 games in the league all season. Dijksteel has started in 5 of those defeats (4 at right back and 1 as a centre back). 

In recent league games (last 6), we've lost 4 games, Dijksteel started twice in those 4 defeats, at right back.

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

I posted the other day we are working on 3 out 3 in. 

slight adjustment to that and tonight I was told that we are still working on 2 more deals but need to balance the books. 

Hmm "balance the books" that would imply someone leaving that can generate funds?

5 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

I posted the other day we are working on 3 out 3 in. 

slight adjustment to that and tonight I was told that we are still working on 2 more deals but need to balance the books. 

If it's still 3 out, the most likely candidates given cirucumstance and rumours would be Spence, Wing, and Assombalonga in that order.

Am still hoping for a straight swap on Britt and Diedhiou. With us saving some of britt 37k* a week wages

*That figure was provided by Pulis when he said our two biggest earners were on approx 48k and 37k. And then kindly name checked Braithwaite as one on 48k. Haha.

8 hours ago, TLF10 said:

Am still hoping for a straight swap on Britt and Diedhiou. With us saving some of britt 37k* a week wages

*That figure was provided by Pulis when he said our two biggest earners were on approx 48k and 37k. And then kindly name checked Braithwaite as one on 48k. Haha.

I would reckon the most Britt would get anywhere would be around half of his current deal. If he left now there would like as not need to be an "encouragement package" from Boro to meet the shortfall for his last contracted five or six months. He and his agent may feel that in the Summer with more Vaccines around the market may be more advantageous and stick it out. Problem then for Boro is that if the market is in a more positive state then so will prices. If SG/Boro can afford it then it might make sense to bite the bullet on a deal now and I'd guess that they are playing Poker with one or two clubs as the window comes down waiting for someone to blink.

Warnock:

He said: "It would be nice to get one more attacker if I can. We were looking at midfield, but I’d rather forsake getting another midfield player in if it means I can get another attacker.

"Definitely, there are one or two names that spring to mind that I probably would let go if I’ve got enough cover."

So sounds like there's truth in the few in few out stuff.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

I reckon Coulson, Wing and Roberts (technically a loan termination).

These are the 3 names I think too. And maybe a Deal for Britt going to Bristol City with Diehdiou coming here. Although I think it’s unlikely 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

I am guessing we would listen to offers for Fletcher, Britt, Wing and Coulson. 

Return Roberts and loan out Wood.

As an outside punt perhaps accept a bid for Spence if it was good enough.

I think Wood will stay but may go out on a season long loan next season in my opinion. Good to see Hall back but we need to see if he can stay fit for a period longer than a month or so first before we can class him as good cover so for this reason I think Warnock will refuse a Wood loan but I could be wrong 

• Like 1
  • Tom locked this topic