oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window 2021 AKA "Didn't we do well"

4 minutes ago, boksicdink said:

I dont want to be a Debbie Downer but Motherwell's back up keeper, Preston's RB and a guy who isnt wanted by any team he has played for in the last 4 years and Grosicki doesnt make the best window in a long long time for me personally. 

have you seen the last windows?

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can’t believe that people on here are condemning a possible signing because of rumours that he dealt drugs.    One thing or squad is crying out for is someone that can distribute well 😳

Fletcher is close to signing a new contract.

Posted Images

Just now, Denzel Zanzibar said:

More to the point, did he see Fisher play today?

Warnock has brought in what he thinks will improve the squad.  Hard to argue.

Bolasie is not fit and out of match practice but there were a couple of well weighted forward passes that gave me some hope!

Fisher was outstanding in the role he played today.  

30 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

We need a right sided winger don't we. Spence ain't good eno

Grosicki, Hoilett and bolasie have all spent most of their careers on the left. Bolasie can play right side probably most of the 3, but I think since zaha left palace years ago he’s played mainly on the left.

Just now, Oslo_Syd said:

To be honest, I'm a bit underwhelmed with the prospect of Grosicki. He's not exactly a prolific goalscorer and his best years are behind him.

He's a winger with 8 goals and 7 assists last season, 9 goals and 12 assists the season before.

That is an excellent return.

• Like 3

Grosicki is surely better than what we have.  He would be a short term low risk option that would be designed for a push for playoffs.  We wouldn't be lumbered with big wages or long contract - exactly same as Bolasie.

This is the best sort of deals we can expect given our current situation.

31 minutes ago, boksicdink said:

I dont want to be a Debbie Downer but Motherwell's back up keeper, Preston's RB and a guy who isnt wanted by any team he has played for in the last 4 years and Grosicki doesnt make the best window in a long long time for me personally. 

spacer.png

17 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

He's a winger with 8 goals and 7 assists last season, 9 goals and 12 assists the season before.

That is an excellent return.

I guess you've done your research but the fact that he's a winger and not an out-and-out striker is my main cause for concern, For some reason, we can never seem to find a clinical goal-poacher anymore. Or if we find one, we immediately remove his teeth and replace them with a set of dentures.

11 minutes ago, Alves car salesman said:

We need a spark in midfield, if you play Sav, Howson & Morsy you lack creativity 

Would like Tav in there and a new winger to compete with Bolasie, Watmore and Johnson. Or a new number 10 who can actually create something. 

• Tom locked this topic