• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can’t believe that people on here are condemning a possible signing because of rumours that he dealt drugs.    One thing or squad is crying out for is someone that can distribute well 😳

Fletcher is close to signing a new contract.

Posted Images

Hmm. Diedhiou. Not sure if he’s gonna be much better then what we’ve got tbh. The bits I’ve read about him have given me the idea he’s a bit average at everything, and isn’t particularly hood with his back to goal even though he’s a big lad. Seems very like the other 3 strikers at the club. Also apparently a bit of a donkey on the ball. I haven’t seen the lad play much though, so don’t know if the above is at all true. Someone who watches him more may know a bit better about him? 

I would like to say I’d trust Warnock if he thought he’d improve the team, but then you look at Akpom.

Edited by BoroSmoggie
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
3 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Hmm. Diedhiou. Not sure if he’s gonna be much better then what we’ve got tbh. The bits I’ve read about him have given me the idea he’s a bit average at everything, and isn’t particularly hood with his back to goal even though he’s a big lad. Seems very like the other 3 strikers at the club. Also apparently a bit of a donkey on the ball. I haven’t seen the lad play much though, so don’t know if the above is at all true. Someone who watches him more may know a bit better about him? 

I would like to say I’d trust Warnock if he thought he’d improve the team, but then you look at Akpom. Looks another poor piece of business.

We lack strikers who can head balls into the net all our forwards like ball played into the feet. So he offers something different than what we have

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

I would like to say I’d trust Warnock if he thought he’d improve the team, but then you look at Akpom. Looks another poor piece of business.

Bad deal? You could swap britt with donald duck and its a good deal

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Worth mentioning as well Bristol fans seem to think he's after 30k+ per week.

Don't think he represents value for money tbh. Would rather we went for something to fit the system, probably a giraffe of some sort.

7 minutes ago, Mfcdanny said:

Bad deal? You could swap britt with donald duck and its a good deal

Sorry, didn’t mean Diedhiou was/is a bad deal. Was referring to Akpom. I wouldn’t say a deal is bad, until the lads played a decent amount of games for us. 

If he can work CB’s, and actually challenge for the ball and make it difficult for them over 90mims, then it’s an instant improvement. 

Id say go for the deal, its obvious Britt isnt a good fit for us and it very difficult to recoup the money we spent on him if we go for a transfer i dont think many clubs will pay that so we may as well try get someone for him instead. 

Crazy that Britt and Diedhiou have pretty much the same stats over the course of time with their respective clubs. 

Britt has 47 goals and 4 assists in 154 games, Diedhiou 49 goals and 8 assists in 151 games.

Might well be like for like ability wise, but we could end up saving around 10/12k wages per week. Which would give Diedhiou a nice raise from his current 20k. Can't argue with that in this climate. (Assuming Britts on the reported 38k). 

8 hours ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Fair enough, I didn't realise that was your argument. I'd agree that was more exciting but long term it's been a disaster. This one has been solid so far, which works for me especially if the Britt swap deal with Bristol happens

Yeah I agree i think the last few days have felt much more positive and urgent than before. I think we need another winger on top of swapping Britt. 

Hopefully the wages we are shedding with Britt can help us fund in another upcoming winger. 

If we had to sell someone to raise cash, it would be someone that wouldn't leave a huge hole in team and could be replaced by others in squad or available at lower cost. After Rotherham, think we can rule Fry out, Tav also (and injured)... same with Dijksteel..  not many other options...  who are our serious saleable assets?

24 minutes ago, Robin Johnson said:

Anyone aware of a club looking at Spence very seriously?

Where have you heard this? I would be happy to sell Spence. He’s probably our third best right back now and he’s a poor attacker. Not sure why teams from prem think he’s the answer I really don’t see it yet myself. If we get a decent bid he will be off I’d imagine 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, DurhamRed said:

We lack strikers who can head balls into the net all our forwards like ball played into the feet. So he offers something different than what we have

Might become a redundant ability if they go and outlaw heading the ball. 🙄

On a more serious note, its a sad reflection on the state of the game (or maybe just our recruitment) that none of our current forwards are any good at headers. It is supposed to be a pretty basic part of the game, after all.

• Like 1
  • Tom locked this topic