oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window 2021 AKA "Didn't we do well"

2 minutes ago, boksicdink said:

Did Adama have a release clause and did Wolves meet that? genuine question as I wasnt aware. 

I know he was mixed about leaving 

It was well reported at the time that he did and that Wolves did meet it

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can’t believe that people on here are condemning a possible signing because of rumours that he dealt drugs.    One thing or squad is crying out for is someone that can distribute well 😳

Fletcher is close to signing a new contract.

Posted Images

I dont think Pulis sold “the family jewels”. I certainly dont think he and gibson sat there and thought “right we need to balance the books so what we gonna do is purposely sell our better players and keep the shitter ones

We needed to balance the books and Bamford Adama and Gibson were the players other clubs offered us acceptable fees for.

This idea we should have sold Britt, Fletcher etc ahead of above is all well and good but I think its fair to assume no club wanted them and if they did not for a fee we deemed acceptable.

I mean has it occurred to people if we think they were poorer players than ones we sold i assume other clubs also saw that. Hence why they here and good ones went

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Blanco said:

It was well reported at the time that he did and that Wolves did meet it

Oh yeah I must have just totally blocked that out. That summer window was bleak AF.

Selling those three that summer reminded me of when we sold Tuncay and Huth to Pulis at Stoke, just devastating. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, TLF10 said:

I dont think Pulis sold “the family jewels”. I certainly dont think he and gibson sat there and thought “right we need to balance the books so what we gonna do is purposely sell our better players and keep the shitter ones

We needed to balance the books and Bamford Adama and Gibson were the players other clubs offered us acceptable fees for.

This idea we should have sold Britt, Fletcher etc ahead of above is all well and good but I think its fair to assume no club wanted them and if they did not for a fee we deemed acceptable.

I mean has it occurred to people if we think they were poorer players than ones we sold i assume other clubs also saw that. Hence why they here and good ones went

Fair enough, my argument was for not buying Britt or Fletcher in the first place and sticking with Bamford and Stuani. That would have saved us a fortune and we’d have had 2 better strikers on our books.

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

If true, that might mean we won't bank it all on Diedhiou.

On the plus side, Glatzel would be a lot less confusing for our fans to say.

Who is that guy? Some random dude or someone who could know something?

1 minute ago, Borodane said:

Who is that guy? Some random dude or someone who could know something?

Assistant Sports Content Editor at Reach PLC/ Sunday Mirror Sports News Editor.

I'm pretty sure Reach PLC is the company that owns most of the local papers around the country now.

Back to transfers - we are actively trying to shift at least one big earner, but there may be a surprise in who goes. The club ideally want Britts wages off to fund the WBA winger and a centre forward. 

There is late interest in Fletcher and Tav.

18 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

If true, that might mean we won't bank it all on Diedhiou.

On the plus side, Glatzel would be a lot less confusing for our fans to say.

What does he mean by there might be some truth in the Jordan Rhodes link after all ?

What Jordan Rhodes link ?

Just now, Blanco said:

What does he mean by there might be some truth in the Jordan Rhodes link after all ?

What Jordan Rhodes link ?

He's linked to Cardiff.

If Cardiff ship out Glatzel, they might bring Rhodes in.

• Tom locked this topic