oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window 2021 AKA "Didn't we do well"

1 minute ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

I don't know, I have a hunch we are trying to get his loan cancelled. Especially if we are going for another winger too.

We have been trying. But if he stays and we switch to a 433 or 4231 I think his chances improve.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can’t believe that people on here are condemning a possible signing because of rumours that he dealt drugs.    One thing or squad is crying out for is someone that can distribute well 😳

Fletcher is close to signing a new contract.

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Brunners said:

If he didn't get game time with an equally defensively responsible Dijksteel at RB, why would Fisher make any difference?

Djiksteel is a CM come RB...

Fisher is an out and out RB

• Haha 1
  • Wow 1
20 minutes ago, TheJew said:

All I can think is there is a shortfall in wages for the players we are looking to bring in. So they're trying to free up some elsewhere, regardless of how small.

Thought Coulson may be off if I'm honest. But haven't heard anything there either.

I reckon Coulson will be gone tomorrow. 

Just now, TeaCider24 said:

Dijksteel has played 99 professional matches in his career, 65 of them have been at right back.

I feel like after a certain point that argument stops holding water.

Boro fans love moving players around. Mental. 

2 minutes ago, TheJew said:

Fisher isn't here to be second choice...

I am sure Roberts never came here to be a bench warmer either but its clear Warnock will play you on merit and not what you came here to be.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, TheJew said:

We have been trying. But if he stays and we switch to a 433 or 4231 I think his chances improve.

We played 4.3.3 a few times this season and Roberts did not make it. Warnock said he sees Roberts as a no.10 but at moment if he chooses a number 10 Watmore ahead of him

If we do sell Coulson, is Johnson the cover for Bola? I don't see it selling Bola for that very reason. He's our only proper LB cover.

Looking at the squad, if Britt goes, we still have Fletch and Akpom even before signing a replacement, with Bolasie and Watmore providing wide attacking play.

Wing could leave if we signed a striker. Have Tav as a 10 with Akpom as cover/rotation playing a deeper role where his off-the-ball strengths would be better suited and we can keep him from shooting as much... 😂 Or Roberts, if he stays. Hackney could step up as the 4th CM if we started playing with a 10, which seems to be the way we're moving. 

A winger, a centre forward, then a CB on loan - that would be my order of priority tomorrow. With Assombalonga, Wing, and Spence as three I'd be allowing to leave.

1 minute ago, TLF10 said:

I am sure Roberts never came here to be a bench warmer either but its clear Warnock will play you on merit and not what you came here to be.

I think he came back here because the deal made last year by Woody said he had to.

3 minutes ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

image.png.49817b67237754892362636a57259660.png

Anything in him mentioning Fletcher?

I think it's just a comment on what a huge waste of money that is.

61 goals from 2 strikers in a possible 165 games, that is nothing.

Obviously that ignores injuries and Fletcher's loan spell.

Just now, TeaCider24 said:

I think it's just a comment on what a huge waste of money that is.

61 goals from 2 players in a possible 165 games, that is nothing.

I think that’s unfair on Fletcher - his price tag was hugely inflated at the time yes, but when he joined he was only 22 and frequently played on the wing for us in his first season. Then he had a season of Pulisball. Last season, in what was his first full season as a starting striker for us he got 18 goal contributions in 43 games. Whilst I’m not saying that is by any means prolific, I will say I think we’d be in a much stronger position right now had he been fit all season.

• Tom locked this topic