oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window 2021 AKA "Didn't we do well"

1 minute ago, MikeyBoro said:

I think that’s unfair on Fletcher - his price tag was hugely inflated at the time yes, but when he joined he was only 22 and frequently played on the wing for us in his first season. Then he had a season of Pulisball. Last season, in what was his first full season as a starting striker for us he got 18 goal contributions in 43 games. Whilst I’m not saying that is by any means prolific, I will say I think we’d be in a much stronger position right now had he been fit all season.

I agree we would, and I do rate Fletcher now, but he's still not worth £7m today, let alone when we paid for him in 2017.

Monk's greasy hands all over it, and it's not Fletcher's fault, but he was a bizarre signing that I'm shocked the club sanctioned.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can’t believe that people on here are condemning a possible signing because of rumours that he dealt drugs.    One thing or squad is crying out for is someone that can distribute well 😳

Fletcher is close to signing a new contract.

Posted Images

If Britt goes, this is how we look in terms.of squad depth currently:

GK - Betinelli / Archer / Brynn

RB - Dijksteel / Fisher / Spence
CB - Fry / McNair / Wood / Hall / Dijksteel
LB - Bola / Coulson / Johnson

CM - Morsy / Howson / Saville / Wing / Tavernier / Hackney

RW - Bolasie / Tavernier / Watmore
10 - Tavernier / Roberts / Akpom
LW - Watmore / Johnson / Bolasie

ST - Fletcher / Akpom

2 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

I agree we would, and I do rate Fletcher now, but he's still not worth £7m today, let alone when we paid for him in 2017.

Monk's greasy hands all over it, and it's not Fletcher's fault, but he was a bizarre signing that I'm shocked the club sanctioned.

Yeah I’d agree - I think he often gets a lot of stick because of his price tag - had we signed him for say £3 million I think fans would (understandably) be a lot more patient with him.

He’s still only 25 so not in his prime years and I’d say he has a lot of very good attributes - he’s fairly quick, is a decent finisher, gets plenty of assists and looked a lot stronger last season too. Will be interesting to see if he kicks on.

Really hope we don’t sign Grosicki permanently. Fair enough if it’s a loan until the end of the season but the last thing we need, as a club, is to go back to the days of giving 30+ year olds lengthy contracts. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Snowblind said:

If Britt goes, this is how we look in terms.of squad depth currently:

GK - Betinelli / Archer / Brynn

RB - Dijksteel / Fisher / Spence
CB - Fry / McNair / Wood / Hall / Dijksteel
LB - Bola / Coulson / Johnson

CM - Morsy / Howson / Saville / Wing / Tavernier / Hackney

RW - Bolasie / Tavernier / Watmore
10 - Tavernier / Roberts / Akpom
LW - Watmore / Johnson / Bolasie

ST - Fletcher / Akpom

You could probably add Bolasie to the ST options.

Looking at that, a CM (Mowatt?) and Grosicki in tomorrow and I think we are set. Another more physical striker would be a bonus

1 minute ago, J.T. said:

Really hope we don’t sign Grosicki permanently. Fair enough if it’s a loan until the end of the season but the last thing we need, as a club, is to go back to the days of giving 30+ year olds lengthy contracts. 

I don't think any of the linked players other than Diedhiou has been suggested as perm have they? 

1 minute ago, MikeyBoro said:

You could probably add Bolasie to the ST options.

Looking at that, a CM (Mowatt?) and Grosicki in tomorrow and I think we are set. Another more physical striker would be a bonus

I could do... I'd rather not personally 😂 Hopefully as you say a physical striker can jump in there!

I'd prefer Phillips to Grosicki as I think we need a more natural wide right option, but looks like Gros is the one who's going to be available. Still an considerable upgrade in terms of options.

Would personally prefer us to to bring in a CB on loan rather than sign another CM. Assuming if it's a maximum of 3 in tomorrow that is.

Just now, Snowblind said:

I could do... I'd rather not personally 😂 Hopefully as you say a physical striker can jump in there!

I'd prefer Phillips to Grosicki as I think we need a more natural wide right option, but looks like Gros is the one who's going to be available. Still an considerable upgrade in terms of options.

Would personally prefer us to to bring in a CB on loan rather than sign another CM. Assuming if it's a maximum of 3 in tomorrow that is.

If Warnock had the balls to play the kinda front lines people have been suggesting (Tav, Bolasie, Gros for example) I'd say they are all more than flexible enough to switch around. 

1 hour ago, TheJew said:

Not sure I see the point in a loan. Wing is one of the lowest paid members of the squad. Still, haven't heard anything yet but will ask tomorrow about this.

I know for a fact they want to Loan him. Doesn’t mean we will do it 

• Tom locked this topic