oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window 2021 AKA "Didn't we do well"

GILMOUR LINKED WITH SAINTS LOAN

Chelsea youngster Billy Gilmour has been linked with a loan move to Southampton.

However, it is far from being a done deal at this stage and could go either way. Ralph Hassenhutl is keen to bring in a player on loan, especially as he has a number of injuries at the moment.

Gilmour, 19, who impressed under Frank Lampard, was left out of Thomas Tuchel’s squad last night. He will be keen to push for game time to secure a place in the Scotland team for the Euros. 

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can’t believe that people on here are condemning a possible signing because of rumours that he dealt drugs.    One thing or squad is crying out for is someone that can distribute well 😳

Fletcher is close to signing a new contract.

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, uncle_rico said:

Matt Ritchie leaving Newcastle today. Bournemouth fans seem to think he’s going back there, but also talk of him going to Valencia. 

Wonder if we’ll have a dabble. Wages probably too much.

I remember that Ritchie was rumoured to be on at least 70k when we were linked a few summers ago. Valencia have no money at all so can't see that happening. Muff seems likely on loan as they have been stuttering and probably have the money to pay the most to Newcastle to help save their promotion bid. I can't see us getting such a big "fish".

40 minutes ago, A21 said:

I'm going for 4 out (Britt on a perm, Wing on loan with clause to buy, Roberts back to Man City and one other) and us bringing 4 in, a striker, a winger, a central midfielder and a centre back who can cover at left back.

All improvements on what we have and we'll end the day in transfer profit and with a reduced wage bill. Plus all to be wrapped up by 5pm so Neil can take the dogs out before it gets dark.

Does covid exist in your dream world?

FIngers crossed Britt is on his way.  Our system and style doesn't suit him.  He earns too much and any fee coming in is better than a free in the summer.  In my opinion he is offside too often and gives away too many fouls.  Not convinced we will bring in better but hopefully bring someone in that suits NW.  Given current financial state - earning 2 million plus saving between 500k and 1 million on his wages it has to be done in my opinion.

Fletcher to go? Guess for me it would depend on offer and whether we can get a replacement.  It would also depend on his long term intention to sign a much reduced deal.  If not, I'd let him go too depending on offer/replacement.  I still think hes 6-8 games away from full match sharpness.

People questioning Wing loan - for me this wouldn't be about the wage saving so much as giving a player an opportunity to play and learn and improve.  Worst cases are that he doesn't play during loan (no worse than now) or he plays badly.   Best case - he goes out, plays and comes back reinvigorated.

Coulson loan - If we get another attacker in his chances are limited so again - let the lad play and learn the league.

Roberts end of loan - if he isn't playing best to save his wages.

Bringing in a defender?  Possible but unless we get a no brainer decision I'm happy with what we have.

Bringing in a central midfielder - if it is someone who looks forward and not backwards constantly, who makes runs into the box and drives forward great but not sure we will be able to find someone like that who is available and would interest NW.

Attackers - Grosicki would be my choice.  I would prefer Phillips but he's been in matchday squads.  I'm not desperately keen on Hoilett but he would be choice 2.

Striker- concerned at reports that Diedhiou is prepared to wait til summer to get big contract.  Don't misunderstand me - I don't blame him for that - if he is prepared to risk getting injured.  I just don't want to be paying over the odds for someone.  Made that mistake too many times.  Also - wonder if Diedhiou has considered staying to partner Britt!

I'd take Glatzel or Juke on loan for rest of season as both could do a job.  

Liverpool are looking at signing Davies and a centre back from France, I wonder if both happen if that opens the door for Phillips and Williams to leave on loan?
I also see the Charlie Kirk of Crewe is potentially being signed for half a million by Charlton, think he would have a been a good long term option for us in that left wing spot.

I reckon 4 out today; Coulson, Wing, Roberts and Britt, plus maybe a few of the younger lads on loan (Folarin springs to mind). I reckon maybe 3 in as well; Striker, Winger and a central midfielder (if Wing goes).

2 minutes ago, MikeyBoro said:

Why do I feel like this is one of those deadline days full of promise and then it gets to around 10pm and we still haven’t brought anyone in so panic buy Junior Hoilett!

I see your Junior Hoilett and raise you a Lee Tomlin panic buy

4 minutes ago, boksicdink said:

I see your Junior Hoilett and raise you a Lee Tomlin panic buy

More chance of me signing for Warnock than Tomlin. They don’t have the best relationship, Tomlin was Warnocks Roberts at Cardiff

image.png

Grosicki would be my first choice. Excellent at this level and can take a great set piece.

If Grosicki and Bolasie can get firing that would be pretty formidable at this level.

9 minutes ago, MikeyBoro said:

Why do I feel like this is one of those deadline days full of promise and then it gets to around 10pm and we still haven’t brought anyone in so panic buy Junior Hoilett!

I'll settle for that

3 minutes ago, Poly said:

More chance of me signing for Warnock than Tomlin. They don’t have the best relationship, Tomlin was Warnocks Roberts at Cardiff

image.png

Wasn't Tomlin injured for 90% of the time there?

4 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Wasn't Tomlin injured for 90% of the time there?

He was unfit and injured but even when he was available Warnock rarely used him. Warnock has mentioned in fans forum whilst boro manager he used to get pressure to get Tomlin in the team in same way boro fans have done about Roberts but said only certain games he could use them in. Just seems he wants more hard work off the ball than these lads offer which is fair enough.

• Like 1
  • Tom locked this topic