• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can’t believe that people on here are condemning a possible signing because of rumours that he dealt drugs.    One thing or squad is crying out for is someone that can distribute well 😳

Fletcher is close to signing a new contract.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Brunners said:

Yeah not really a surprise there. As other have said Britt's agents probably think that he has better options in the summer regarding suitors and wage/sign on fee. 

I still think Britt to Bristol City will happen. Britt will want his future secure given how awful Free Agents have found getting a deal during this pandemic.

My predictions:

OUT:
Assombalonga (Bristol City)
Wing (Preston)

IN:
Diedhiou (Bristol City)
Phillips (Liverpool; Loan)

Reckon we'll have some disappointment on the wings with both Grosicki and Hoilett falling through.

Britt apparently 90% done. This was well underway on Friday.

We need him to go to fund the West Brom winger - this was our no.1 choice but then looked like he might be staying as he was in and around the 1st team. Boro were alerted a few days ago this is now back on potentially. Terms have been agreed with the player but its based on Britt going.

We are working hard to bring the striker in from Bristol City but there's an issue with fee. 

That's the latest I have.

• Like 1

We won't want to spend all day negotiating Britt's departure without having a replacement ready to sign on the dotted line when it's done. The longer they leave it, the less chance he leaves.

For what it's worth, I think Juke would be a good option for this side and if we can get a fee for Britt, his wages off the books and have someone more easily lined up as a temporary solution in his wake, I would be in favour of that. If Diedhou doesn't leave now and Britt signs for them, I can't see them agreeing any significant contract with him which could leave us open to signing him in the summer; alternatively, if his wage demands are still significantly higher than we want them to be, we can move on and do some work on an alternative in the summer with Juke to keep us going for a few months.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, uncle_rico said:

Its the hope that kills you. I wouldn't be surprised to Britt leave on loan just to get him off the wage bill.

What is the transfer that will kickstart the ripple effect?

Britt going.

Bolasie wasn't coming in originally and as such his wages were going elsewhere. Now he's here we have have shortfall meaning people need to ideally leave first before any incomings.

I'm going to be negative this time as I always am optimistic and end up disappointed.

My prediction.

Wing to leave

Young players go on loan.

Assombalonga to leave at the very last minute but too late for us to sign off a new deal. We will explain that last minute complications stopped Diedhiou being completed. 

Due to working hard on completing this deal we take our eye of the ball and lose Grosicki deal. 

Then surprise last minute transfer is left until too late for it to be completed. 

I'm hoping this new mindset will see Boro prove me wrong 🙏

• Like 1
  • Tom locked this topic