oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window 2021 AKA "Didn't we do well"

Absolutely love a Deadline Day prediction 😀

I’ll go for:

3 out,  Britt perm, Wing & Coulson on loan

2 in, both perm Diédihou and 1 other

Strong  rumours for a Rolls Royce that comes to naught. 
90% of people on here to be happy with the window (profit, reduced wage bill, better players etc) 

@Changing Times to make a return to explain to us (in great detail) why we are all wrong 😉

• Haha 3
  • Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can’t believe that people on here are condemning a possible signing because of rumours that he dealt drugs.    One thing or squad is crying out for is someone that can distribute well 😳

Fletcher is close to signing a new contract.

Posted Images

Just now, Uwe said:

Absolutely love a Deadline Day prediction 😀

I’ll go for:

3 out,  Britt perm, Wing & Coulson on loan

2 in, both perm Diédihou and 1 other

Strong  rumours for a Rolls Royce that comes to naught. 
90% of people on here to be happy with the window (profit, reduced wage bill, better players etc) 

@Changing Times to make a return to explain to us (in great detail) why we are all wrong 😉

We'll have to see if the transfer of @Changing Times goes through. Could go to the wire.

Just now, Riverside94 said:

I don’t really get all the Britt hate apart from him being on massive wages which isn’t his fault. I do think we are a better team when he plays, just an opinion don’t shoot me! 

It definitely isn't his fault.  My feeling is that we could bring in 2 players (improved on what we have) who could make an impact for the same wages.

1 minute ago, Riverside94 said:

I don’t really get all the Britt hate apart from him being on massive wages which isn’t his fault. I do think we are a better team when he plays, just an opinion don’t shoot me! 

He's not a bad player, he's just not suited at all to playing A) Up front on his own B) Up front to a team that plays direct football towards him C) Up front without any real consistent supply into the penalty spot (Where he is at his best).

Basically another player we've gone "yep good goal record" without seeing if they'll suit our style. He will score goals wherever he goes next.

• Like 2
49 minutes ago, estonpidge said:

with a more mobile forward line and a proper pre-season we might get to what Akpom can actually do next season his movement always seems to be good, just not sure anyone is on his wave length.

4 out of Watmore's 5 goals have come while playing with Akpom.

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

What are we waiting for? I don't particularly think we need a replacement.

The other forum want us to part with som money to take him. Currently the site doesn't have that cash and I'm not sure we have the time to set up a Gofundme campaign. The transfer might have to wait until summer.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Unlike several Boro players in the past I don't think there is "Britt hate" as such, more "disappointment" and in fairness that disappointment is tinted with the realisation that Britt just isn't and previously wasn't suited to the way the team has been set up under several successive Managers. 

I personally think his future career is now best served by going somewhere else. Despite my frustration being at apoplectic levels on many occasions I do think he's a genuinely nice bloke but just couldn't reach the heights that were expected and indeed that he himself probably set himself. Sometimes jobs don't work out for a multitude of reasons.

Wherever he goes I wish him well but glad that both parties are moving on.

• Like 1
  • Tom locked this topic