oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window 2021 AKA "Didn't we do well"

5 minutes ago, Riverside94 said:

I’m sure there was talk of him being a dealer and some assault and something about smashing a car up? All rumours of course but doesn’t sound great

And we still gave him the managers job! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 7
  • Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can’t believe that people on here are condemning a possible signing because of rumours that he dealt drugs.    One thing or squad is crying out for is someone that can distribute well 😳

Fletcher is close to signing a new contract.

Posted Images

As long as Warnock and the club know what happened and are ok with it I suppose that’s fine. I would worry he could disrupt what is always referred to as such a good team spirit and dressing room but again it’s all speculation, he may be a good guy and character and NW knows him already so would know this.

1 minute ago, AnglianRed said:

I dunno - footballers can get up to all sorts of shenanigans...including breach of Covid regs these days.

Could be simple disciplinary problems like not showing for training, having a go at one of the coaches or other staff member, clashing with other players. Maybe he got caught with some illicit substance in his kit bag...who knows?

I would agree that whatever it is, it would probably help massively to have an open and frank discussion, or just some sort of annoucement with the whole squad present. Just to squash any rumours and "clear the air" as they say.

Secrets and suspicions in the dressing room definitely won't help.

I think as long as its nothing too heinous, everyone should be able to deal with it and move on.

Yeah, and that will hopefully avoid any problems with the squad which is the main thing with regards to our promotion challenge.

But I suspect we will never find out what happened so, for what it's worth, we won't have the ability to speak through our feelings on what happened. We will only ever have people saying he was a druggy or a dealer or whatever.

You do wonder, when you have things like social media nowadays, whether he would just be better coming forward and being up front about it publicly. Especially if it was just a case of having a banned substance in his system or refusing a drugs test. He wouldn't be the first footballer to do illegal drugs and there's all sorts of reasons people do them which aren't always ill-intentioned; I'd like to think most would give him the benefit of the doubt in that situation.

No idea what to think about Mendez-Laing, me being comfortable with us signing him depends on what he did.

Used drugs? Don't really care, barely even a problem.
Dealed drugs? Slightly more of a problem, but still don't really care.
Sexual assault? Big no.
Gang related crime, maybe related to dealing drugs? Worrying, but perhaps a change of scenery and 6 months out could help.

He is a quality player though and could see us smashing it with him.

Edited by Weasel
9 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

I dunno - footballers can get up to all sorts of shenanigans...including breach of Covid regs these days.

Could be simple disciplinary problems like not showing for training, having a go at one of the coaches or other staff member, clashing with other players. Maybe he got caught with some illicit substance in his kit bag...who knows?

I'd agree that whatever it is, it would probably help massively to have an open and frank discussion, or just some sort of annoucement with the whole squad present. Just to squash any rumours and "clear the air" as they say.

Secrets and suspicions in the dressing room definitely won't help.

I think as long as its nothing too heinous, everyone should be able to deal with it and move on.

This all sounds like the Monk incident when we went a goal down before the break and Monk blamed Ben Gibson and nutted him allegedly...we went on to win 2-1 

6 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

We’ve had Merson, Xavier, Gazza and Woodgate, what’s one more?

Anyone else remember the rumours about our Boy Wonder when he was mysteriously absent from the side for a while in the PL years?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Hendrie_7 said:

Anyone else remember the rumours about our Boy Wonder when he was mysteriously absent from the side for a while in the PL years?

Oh aye, when we had that generation of youngsters who got banned from just about any night life area of Teesside! Downing, Bates, Williams, Johnson, Cattermole. Even got banned from Stockton... Remember seeing masses of police!

1 minute ago, Snowblind said:

Oh aye, when we had that generation of youngsters who got banned from just about any night life area of Teesside! Downing, Bates, Williams, Johnson, Cattermole. Even got banned from Stockton... Remember seeing masses of police!

My sister worked at a pub during that time, and Bates, Cattermole and Grounds were all on a 'Do Not Serve' list that was handed out to some of the local boozers. 

• Like 1

Got back to see 65 new messages. Thought something groundbreaking had happened🙄 So disappointed. If people thought that Bolasie was out of shape then just think about Mendez-Laing who hasn't even trained professionally since august. He won't be in shape before the end of the season.

• Tom locked this topic