oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window 2021 AKA "Didn't we do well"

3 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Doing some running on your own is nothing like training in a professional environment with schedules, coaches, teammates and all the relevant technology etc. He will be woefully short of anything that resembles match fit. Players don't just sit on the coach in the off season these days and still require at least 5 weeks of pre season after having something like 5 weeks off. MD has had about 25 weeks off!

From the Derby telegraph. 

Mendez-Laing appears to be ready to return to the game and has been working with respected personal trainer Nic St-Maurice, who has also worked with Real Madrid’s Karim Benzema, Chelsea’s Antonio Rudiger, Liverpool's Trent Alexander-Arnold, and Manchester City’s Benjamin Mendy.

Could be fitter than we think but I get your point on being match fit. Same deal for Bolasie though. 

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can’t believe that people on here are condemning a possible signing because of rumours that he dealt drugs.    One thing or squad is crying out for is someone that can distribute well 😳

Fletcher is close to signing a new contract.

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

I wasn't on all day yesterday btw, can someone catch me up on what's been going on besides the ML link?

Britt to Bristol City was basically done according to media now is drifting and is unlikely to happen.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Neverbefore said:

I wasn't on all day yesterday btw, can someone catch me up on what's been going on besides the ML link?

Mainly that Britt appeared nailed on to be off to Bristol City last night (£2m, not a swap deal), but that looks less likely this morning.

Tenous link with Grosiki, and Wing and Coulson can apparently leave on loan.

I think that's about it.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Doing some running on your own is nothing like training in a professional environment with schedules, coaches, teammates and all the relevant technology etc. He will be woefully short of anything that resembles match fit. Players don't just sit on the coach in the off season these days and still require at least 5 weeks of pre season after having something like 5 weeks off. MD has had about 25 weeks off!

I'm not claiming he'll be match fit but your extreme example of he won't be fit all season is stupid.

• Like 1

Players are off from training today and tomorrow.

Britt deal unlikely, however clubs are discussing a potential loan deal swap for both players till the end of the season because wages are an issue for Britt but not Deidhou 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Duncan Watmore has arguably been worse since he got match fit. 😄

I know you're joking, but that's not fair.

He caught Covid, so I'd argue his fitness is probably worse than it was.

He was also our brightest player against Rotherham (low bar).

Just now, DurhamRed said:

Britt must be holding for 30k plus a week again 

He will end up without any deals worth taking come August! 

It will be inferno for a lot of out of contract players. It's not the time to be holding out for the same wage or better .. A lot will be glad for "any" deal come August!

• Like 2
  • Tom locked this topic