oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window 2021 AKA "Didn't we do well"

7 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Players are off from training today and tomorrow.

Britt deal unlikely, however clubs are discussing a potential loan deal swap for both players till the end of the season because wages are an issue for Britt but not Deidhou 

I'd do that for sure.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can’t believe that people on here are condemning a possible signing because of rumours that he dealt drugs.    One thing or squad is crying out for is someone that can distribute well 😳

Fletcher is close to signing a new contract.

Posted Images

I can see Britt smirking .. I will not accept a two year deal at 25.000 a week ... I want at least 30.0000 a week!

Stalling ALL our possible transfers ... Ending up out of contract, having to accept 10k a week come August .. 

Donkey!

Can’t believe that people on here are condemning a possible signing because of rumours that he dealt drugs. 

One thing or squad is crying out for is someone that can distribute well 😳

• Like 2
  • Haha 13
43 minutes ago, Weasel said:

No idea what to think about Mendez-Laing, me being comfortable with us signing him depends on what he did.

Used drugs? Don't really care, barely even a problem.
Dealed drugs? Slightly more of a problem, but still don't really care.
Sexual assault? Big no.
Gang related crime, maybe related to dealing drugs? Worrying, but perhaps a change of scenery and 6 months out could help.

He is a quality player though and could see us smashing it with him.

what about the sheep?

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, Brunners said:

I'm not claiming he'll be match fit but your extreme example of he won't be fit all season is stupid.

Well we'll just have to wait and see. I just don't think he will be fit enough to make an impact before we get towards the end of the season. There is a lot more to being fit than just running a marathon hence the reason for a long pre season despite a relatively short break over the summer. He hasn't played a professional game since last season.

3 minutes ago, Barnaby said:

what about the sheep?

Think that where the gang related assault comes in as he tried to fleece them

• Haha 5
Just now, rutters said:

I believe in forgiveness and giving people a second chance. I also remember seeing a very good player in Mendez-Laing.

I'd sign him.

Giving him a second chance from what though? I certainly wouldn't have given Adam Johnson a second chance 6 months after what he got sacked for. That's the biggest problem in this situation; what did he do to get his contract terminated by Cardiff? They didn't want to lose him as a player by any account and players don't get sacked over nothing so it must have been something relatively significant.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Giving him a second chance from what though? I certainly wouldn't have given Adam Johnson a second chance 6 months after what he got sacked for. That's the biggest problem in this situation; what did he do to get his contract terminated by Cardiff? They didn't want to lose him as a player by any account and players don't get sacked over nothing so it must have been something relatively significant.

Agree with you, unless Warnock knows what the crime was then we could be setting ourselves up for a disaster down the line once it leaks out to public knowledge.

Is there evidence of Mendez Laing dealing drugs as last time I checked if there is evidence of someone dealing drugs they are charged with an offence of possession with intent to supply?

Or are we condemning the man to being a drug dealer on back of baseless internet rumours because no one really knows why his contract was terminated at Cardiff. Therefore we will just accept it was for drug dealing which he has never been charged for never mind convicted of?

• Like 1
Just now, Weasel said:

Agree with you, unless Warnock knows what the crime was then we could be setting ourselves up for a disaster down the line once it leaks out to public knowledge.

maybe he failed a test and has been suspended by the FA for X months?

• Tom locked this topic