• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can’t believe that people on here are condemning a possible signing because of rumours that he dealt drugs.    One thing or squad is crying out for is someone that can distribute well 😳

Fletcher is close to signing a new contract.

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

Might aswell shut the thread. 

We did our best but unfortunately we couldn't get them in so instead of going to the pub we can go for a socially distanced walk. 

Don’t get me started on Pulis going to the pub that incensed me

2 minutes ago, Whoppy said:

Don’t get me started on Pulis going to the pub that incensed me

I wouldn't have minded if the club had actually announced our business was done.

It was just weird to say in the days building up to it that we were still trying to sign players and then have total media silence on the last day whilst knowing that they'd failed.

• Like 2

Why would Mendez Laing be dealing drugs? 

I'm sure he was earning enough money to avoid putting himself in a position where he'd need or want to do that. 

As Wilson said whether we should give him a second chance depends on what he's doing. If its failing a drugs test I'd be willing to forgive that.  

• Like 1

If both clubs reckon their strikers are valued at around the £2M mark and both are likely to leave in the Summer for nothing and nobody else is going to stump up £2M by 23.00 hrs then surely a "try before you buy" loan swap makes sense with a meet in the middle agreement on wages. By that I mean if there is say £10K a week difference then agree to split it and as an example Bristol only pay£5K a week more instead of the full demand of £10K and we in turn end up paying £5K a week less rather than the full saving of £10K less.

That way everyone can get on with things with both players hopefully impressing, playing for contracts between now and the end of the season. If it doesn't work for one or indeed all of the parties they would be walking for free in July in any any case so surely it's worth a punt?

2 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

If both clubs reckon their strikers are valued at around the £2M mark and both are likely to leave in the Summer for nothing and nobody else is going to stump up £2M by 23.00 hrs then surely a "try before you buy" loan swap makes sense with a meet in the middle agreement on wages. By that I mean if there is say £10K a week difference then agree to split it and as an example Bristol only pay£5K a week more instead of the full demand of £10K and we in turn end up paying £5K a week less rather than the full saving of £10K less.

That way everyone can get on with things with both players hopefully impressing, playing for contracts between now and the end of the season. If it doesn't work for one or indeed all of the parties they would be walking for free in July in any any case so surely it's worth a punt?

That's what I know we are discussing now, but at this stage looking unlikely especially as both players prefer a permanent move.

10 minutes ago, MMC said:

Excuse me, admin team, one of your moderators has just posted a no no word.

As it’s customary in these times I issue the following disclaimer. 

“I apologise to any viewers for the industrial language you may of heard (read in this case) And hope no offence was taken”

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
5 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

That's what I know we are discussing now, but at this stage looking unlikely especially as both players prefer a permanent move.

In that case the players will need to lower their demands. I'm sure both clubs are willing to offer permanent moves if the players are realistic with their demands. Fair enough if they want to keep their high wages for the remaining 5 months but they'll risk ending up on the summer scrap heap where the clubs are holding the aces.

• Like 1
Just now, Duvel said:

Why would Mendez Laing be dealing drugs? 

I'm sure he was earning enough money to avoid putting himself in a position where he'd need or want to do that. 

As Wilson said whether we should give him a second chance depends on what he's doing. If its failing a drugs test I'd be willing to forgive that.  

I think that's a fair point but in the absence of fact, rumour and innuendo fill the gaps and conclusions are drawn on what is most believable. There was I believe something about a Car getting smashed up which was again rumoured to be connected with off field activity. He may have had an interesting one night stand who went mental when she (or He) found out he was married and simultaneously there was a level of something found in his tests that led to him being banned and it was all coincidental and unrelated. Problem is we don't know. 

Snorting something isn't particularly clever and certainly not for an athlete but it's personal choice. Having a bit on the side isn't ideal for a role model but it goes on (provided it's not with a minor) and again it's a lifestyle choice. I'd prefer we take a wide berth from such characters but the Club haven't in the past. I'm guessing they figure if an individual has served their sentence and second chances and all that. 

If there has been a serious transgression which up until now hasn't resulted in charges then surely it's better to clear the air and state how lessons were learned and how ashamed they were etc. and how they want to become an advocate to prevent others going down the same path etc?

• Tom locked this topic