oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window 2021 AKA "Didn't we do well"

1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

It's certainly an odd way of putting it if that's how they're intending it to be read. The way it's written sounds (to me, anyway) like they instigated the talks with us, which would be odd if it's regarding a striker they're not overly keen on selling without a replacement coming in.

I don't disagree. At the end of the day their journos will spin it one way, our journos will spin it the other and there will be a kernel of truth in amongst it all. I would imagine the fact that ITK's say there's been discussions then something has happened. All will be revealed come 11pm when it's been yet another disappointing deadline day.

• Like 2
  • Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can’t believe that people on here are condemning a possible signing because of rumours that he dealt drugs.    One thing or squad is crying out for is someone that can distribute well 😳

Fletcher is close to signing a new contract.

Posted Images

It's the same every time though these journos make up nonsense on transfer deadline day about how we are chasing loads of players. Our players are being bought to hype up the day. Then nothing happens. 

1 minute ago, scotty189 said:

Plus bolasie and Fisher, good window for me.

I'd agree that it's been a decent window.  We would be stronger at end than start.

We put too much emphasis on deadline day.  just the whole window - not the last day.

Ps - I have no insider - thats just my prediction based on the chat going on online!

2 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

It's the same every time though these journos make up nonsense on transfer deadline day about how we are chasing loads of players. Our players are being bought to hype up the day. Then nothing happens. 

Tbh the journos haven't said much. Most of the stuff has gone on here only.

Looks like another deadline day of disappointment. 

I'm pleased we've got Fischer in for 300k. That's a very good deal.

Bolasie it will all depend on fitness and if he's well and truly up for it.

Still think we'll sign one but it won't be the two of three we all hoped we'd sign.

The time will come one day where we have two out and out wingers on our wings.

Just now, Maccarone said:

So is Britt definitely not going now? So as usual we end up with no one

We signed two players last week.

I would be very happy with Mendez Laing. Ordinarily he would cost you about £3m. He has done well in this league. Accepted it might take him him a month to get up to speed. However he could be very useful towards business end of season.

And if we dont go up he will hopefully be very useful for next season so his signing is not a stop gap signing (i say this on assumption he will come on a long term deal).

if we get him and a striker then jobs a good un for me. 

• Tom locked this topic