• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can’t believe that people on here are condemning a possible signing because of rumours that he dealt drugs.    One thing or squad is crying out for is someone that can distribute well 😳

Fletcher is close to signing a new contract.

Posted Images

It seems to me that we're making sure that we can sort out our incoming players before we let Britt and Roberts go anywhere. That's good business sense, and the type of thing that people always slag off the club for not doing (which is actually rarely accurate). Neither are really ideal at the moment, but I'd rather have them than nobody. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Tom said:

It seems to me that we're making sure that we can sort out our incoming players before we let Britt and Roberts go anywhere. That's good business sense, and the type of thing that people always slag off the club for not doing (which is actually rarely accurate). Neither are really ideal at the moment, but I'd rather have them than nobody. 

You would hope so, but never seems to happen for us

Sounds like we may get NML and probably a couple will leave. Still not convinced we should let Wing leave unless we have someone coming in.

Saville Morsy Howson and Tav ain’t enough midfield depth especially with Tav injured. Hackney will have to step up but it’s a big ask having a young kid next in line, Look what happened when we had to bring Wood in, he didn’t look ready. For me if Wing goes i would like someone to come if not I’d probably make him stay until the summer 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

He's been available the entire time, we can't force teams to bid for him

Not saying we can.

But given it sounds like there's virtually no interest in him, it sounds strange to balance multiple transfers on him leaving on the last day.

A week ago everyone believed that most deals... If they were made... Would be last min and we would need to have some "ducks in a row". 

We're all getting excited about these reports but really this is how it was always going to play out. Without Britt going, there was never another striker. 

If wing, Coulson, etc go on loan interesting Roberts could be loan could be terminated. Wouldn't we still need some numbers in midfield?

18 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Not sure this is fair as it's two completely different sets of circumstances. Norwich were in the premier League, had Cantwell and buendia playing really well and Hernandez too. It was also 2 years earlier in his development than where we are now. 

I think its the same circumstances but different leagues. Farke didn't trust him to track back and defend and therefore preferred Cantwell instead in the Premiership and Warnock has the same issue in the Championship. Man City originally signed him with the hope to play Champions League football not Championship. The lad clearly has talent but he has struggled at both clubs with two different Managers who both had the same concerns.

At Celtic he excelled which could have been down to the level of the opposition or maybe the tactics employed and responsibilities put on him but since then he hasn't kicked on in Spain, the Premiership or the Championship.

55 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

There's only room for assumptions at the moment as it's like trying to get blood from a stone figuring out exactly what might have happened. Only the truth will do anything towards getting Mendez-Laing free of the rumour mill.

True but the rumour mill shouldn't matter really, it's odd for fans to make some moral judgement based hearsay especially when the player hasn't been charged with anything illegal or done anything wrong on the pitch

36 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

I mean it could be worse 

Screenshot_20210201_135215.jpg

Every time I look at Jonathan Woodgate, I feel as though there's an ancient spirit trapped inside him, staring desperately out of his eye sockets hoping someone will notice and free it from the mortal shell of banality and incompetence it's been forced into.

Woodgate's eyes are like the final pan-back shot in a particularly dark episode of Black Mirror - a haunting vision of horrors which are unimaginable to other humans.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Tom locked this topic