oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window 2021 AKA "Didn't we do well"

14 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Why can't we be linked with a good boy who does charity work and isn't a massive bellend instead of the woodgates, Morrisons, fishers, Mendez liangs and kamaras of the world that we've been employing lately?

We are AFC B@stard. Embrace it 🤣

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can’t believe that people on here are condemning a possible signing because of rumours that he dealt drugs.    One thing or squad is crying out for is someone that can distribute well 😳

Fletcher is close to signing a new contract.

Posted Images

Just looking at the EG - my goodness it is poor.  

"Not the striker Warnock would prefer, but an extra attacking option if it was a deal they pursued."

How do they know - they aren't given any inside info.  They piggyback off others reports

Then later "Kamara is a name that has been mentioned to us privately earlier in the window as one Boro have some interest in."

Absolute rubbish

• Like 3

In terms of footballing ability, I'd certainly rather have Mendez-Laing than Kamara, think the former is more of a proven quantity at this level at least.

Kamara, when I've watched him, is the kind of wildcard Adama Traore was during his first 12-18 months here. Bags of pace, strong as an ox but not much of a football brain.

I imagine it's almost certain Roberts leaves if we get both of them in. Which to be honest is fine as long as Warnock continues to keep Roberts out the team. I think he could have been something special here but clearly that ship has sailed and Warnock doesn't see how he fits here.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

In terms of footballing ability, I'd certainly rather have Mendez-Laing than Kamara, think the former is more of a proven quantity at this level at least.

Kamara, when I've watched him, is the kind of wildcard Adama Traore was during his first 12-18 months here. Bags of pace, strong as an ox but not much of a football brain.

I imagine it's almost certain Roberts leaves if we get both of them in. Which to be honest is fine as long as Warnock continues to keep Roberts out the team. I think he could have been something special here but clearly that ship has sailed and Warnock doesn't see how he fits here.

I agree. I’d ideally like us to get ML and then keep Roberts. He still offers something none of the others do imo, but oh well. 

Roberts strikes me as the type of player who says "I'll show you, I'll do it all myself" when the manager says to him "I'm not picking you because you're not a team player"

Think M-L is no brainer and Kamara will offer some threat from out wide or down the middle.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

True but the rumour mill shouldn't matter really, it's odd for fans to make some moral judgement based hearsay especially when the player hasn't been charged with anything illegal or done anything wrong on the pitch

But the circumstances are extremely odd, don't you think? A player is rarely sacked by a club because contracts are pretty airtight against all sorts of situations, the best clubs can often do is fine a player. In this situation there was no messing about, he was gone as soon as they could arrange it. And coming back to what I've said before, this is a player Cardiff staff and fans alike would never have really thought about letting go so it's not like there was any significant desire to get rid of him for footballing reasons.

I think it's incredibly odd for a player to be sacked and for the reasons to remain secret. He's done something wrong but nobody but Cardiff and Mendez-Laing himself seems to have any idea what for (though I do agree that Warnock will likely know what has happened too, I imagine given his connection to Cardiff and their players he got in touch soon after it happened to check on him so he has maybe known for a while).

Rumours will always grow and gain momentum so long as that secret is kept. Nobody should be sat here ringing him out to dry over something they don't know about but I don't see why rumours should be so easily dismissed either. You can't expect people just to give him the benefit of the doubt just because we don't know exactly what happened. Somebody involved in it, perhaps himself alone, believes he is better off allowing the rumour mill to roll on and not address anything or maybe there is a legal issue that means nobody can talk about it. Either way, I don't think it's helping unless what he did was truly awful.

1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

But the circumstances are extremely odd, don't you think? A player is rarely sacked by a club because contracts are pretty airtight against all sorts of situations, the best clubs can often do is fine a player. In this situation there was no messing about, he was gone as soon as they could arrange it. And coming back to what I've said before, this is a player Cardiff staff and fans alike would never have really thought about letting go so it's not like there was any significant desire to get rid of him for footballing reasons.

I think it's incredibly odd for a player to be sacked and for the reasons to remain secret. He's done something wrong but nobody but Cardiff and Mendez-Laing himself seems to have any idea what for (though I do agree that Warnock will likely know what has happened too, I imagine given his connection to Cardiff and their players he got in touch soon after it happened to check on him so he has maybe known for a while).

Rumours will always grow and gain momentum so long as that secret is kept. Nobody should be sat here ringing him out to dry over something they don't know about but I don't see why rumours should be so easily dismissed either. You can't expect people just to give him the benefit of the doubt just because we don't know exactly what happened. Somebody involved in it, perhaps himself alone, believes he is better off allowing the rumour mill to roll on and not address anything or maybe there is a legal issue that means nobody can talk about it. Either way, I don't think it's helping unless what he did was truly awful.

It is an extremely odd situation, especially as it appears he was not arrested and no charges brought against him for possesion, intent to supply or crashing his car whilst doped up as is alleged on social media

53 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Why can't we be linked with a good boy who does charity work and isn't a massive bellend instead of the woodgates, Morrisons, fishers, Mendez liangs and kamaras of the world that we've been employing lately?

You've just reminded me that we signed Ravel Morrison last year. Good times. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, pikerman said:

It is an extremely odd situation, especially as it appears he was not arrested and no charges brought against him for possesion, intent to supply or crashing his car whilst doped up as is alleged on social media

The only thing I've heard that could explain it is from a fella at work; he seems to think there might be some rules about positive drugs test from recreational drugs in that only the player is allowed to release that information. Which could explain why Cardiff legally couldn't say anything about the circumstances behind it. But that definitely leaves it up to Mendez-Laing himself to explain what's happened and I think he could do himself a massive favour by doing just that.

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Are we talking about Chris Kamara off Sky sports news...He comes from Middlesbrough

chris_kamara_youtube_sky_sports.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Tom locked this topic