oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window 2021 AKA "Didn't we do well"

Honestly can't understand the reasoning for bringing in Kamara, especially if we're not moving out Assombalonga.

Kamara is an absolute donkey with a terrible scoring record in England (1 in 5), and we'd still be paying Assombalonga's wages too, a player who would score more.

Can't even say he's tall.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can’t believe that people on here are condemning a possible signing because of rumours that he dealt drugs.    One thing or squad is crying out for is someone that can distribute well 😳

Fletcher is close to signing a new contract.

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Honestly can't understand the reasoning for bringing in Kamara, especially if we're not moving out Assombalonga.

Kamara is an absolute donkey with a terrible scoring record in England (1 in 5), and we'd still be paying Assombalonga's wages too, a player who would score more.

Isn't he a wide player? 

2 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Maybe its a ruse to get some movement from Diedhiou and Britt's agents?

1 minute ago, TeaCider24 said:

Kamara is an absolute donkey with a terrible scoring record, and we'd still be paying Assombalonga's wages too.

Warnock's said a few times now that "we're a bit too nice". I guess if you have a striker who can finish a yoga session with a little ABH, you can't be accused of being too nice. 

• Haha 1
Just now, Duvel said:

Isn't he a wide player? 

I've primarily seen him as a wide player who can play through the middle. I think he's played a fair bit through the middle for Fulham when he's played in the Prem but I think it was more out wide when they were in the Championship. Either or, which kind of fits what we're trying to do perhaps. Same goes for Mendez-Laing, too, I think.

5 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Thats says to me that there will be movement out of the club in that area, probably Roberts and/or Britt.

The club will be desperate to get Britt out of the club. To recoup any sort of fee and get his wages off the books.

1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

I've primarily seen him as a wide player who can play through the middle. I think he's played a fair bit through the middle for Fulham when he's played in the Prem but I think it was more out wide when they were in the Championship. Either or, which kind of fits what we're trying to do perhaps. Same goes for Mendez-Laing, too, I think.

He's usually played wide when I've seen him so I'm not panicking about his goals to games ratio. 

2 minutes ago, TheJew said:

Well the Britt deal falling through has ruined the day according to my source.

Top 2 targets this morning now unlikely to be coming.

If it doesn’t happen we keep Britt who may fire us to the play offs and we have bolasie and fisher so better off then before the window. So not the end of the world 

2 minutes ago, TheJew said:

How reliable is your source tho mate. Cant remember anyone on here coming up with any of the players we have signed this season? 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Duvel said:

He's usually played wide when I've seen him so I'm not panicking about his goals to games ratio. 

I'm not that fussed regardless, like I said, I think he's a wildcard, he'll be hit and miss but he will at least give Warnock an option he wants to use from the bench whereas Roberts will struggle once again as soon as Tav comes back in. Well, you'd hope he'll use him anyway.

1 minute ago, Riverside94 said:

If it doesn’t happen we keep Britt who may fire us to the play offs and we have bolasie and fisher so better off then before the window. So not the end of the world 

Well I admire your confidence, if nothing else!!!

5 minutes ago, TheJew said:

Hearing from my sauce that we're still on for 2 signings.  We'll see who's right at 11pm I guess. 

giphy.gif 

• Tom locked this topic