oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window 2021 AKA "Didn't we do well"

2 minutes ago, Poly said:

Why would Britt be their first choice ? 

He can be got for well below his value, knows the league, has been a consistent scorer at this level, is match fit and can hit the ground running. Perfect January transfer on paper. 

He's also scored more goals than Josh king in the championship this season

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can’t believe that people on here are condemning a possible signing because of rumours that he dealt drugs.    One thing or squad is crying out for is someone that can distribute well 😳

Fletcher is close to signing a new contract.

Posted Images

Not a hatred just consider he is a luxury for a skint club. What I would say is I don’t think it was fair on him to start the game- there you go, words in his defence!

If he comes off - great. My thoughts I feel will be shared by increasing number of posters - anyway we will see.

Just now, Robin Johnson said:

Not a hatred just consider he is a luxury for a skint club. What I would say is I don’t think it was fair on him to start the game- there you go, words in his defence!

If he comes off - great. My thoughts I feel will be shared by increasing number of posters - anyway we will see.

probably costing us no more that Roberts, but will contribute more on the pitch,  

2 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

He can be got for well below his value, knows the league, has been a consistent scorer at this level, is match fit and can hit the ground running. Perfect January transfer on paper. 

King has hardly played this season has he? 

1 minute ago, Robin Johnson said:

We wouldn’t of signed him if we couldn’t afford him. He wasn’t my first choice here but given he put in a decent performance when he hasn’t played football for ages makes me think he might do well here once he settles and gets minutes in his legs. No point being negative about him now he’s here until he gives us something to whinge about. I would prefer him out wide though rather than down the middle 

Just now, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

You must not have enjoyed any football from us over the last 20 years in that case because it's not veered far from this brand of football at all, beyond better players at times

Well, Warnock and pulis are the only two who have refused to play any more than 3 attacking players at any one time. McLaren and karanka were safety first, can't deny that. But we always ensured we had enough players who could do damage at the other end of the pitch which made it much easier to watch. I think that's the main difference really. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Alves car salesman said:

King to Everton could happen, so that could leave late dash for Britt?

I've been hoping for this since the news this morning that Bristol City weren't interested.

Although, that does depend on us having a replacement lined up.

3 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Christ you have made him sound world class! Let’s keep him 

• Haha 1
Just now, Poly said:

Christ you have made him sound world class! Let’s keep him 

Haha! Get me on the recruitment team. Thing is, all of it is factual. Just spun the right way and I'm sure that those will be factors for them when they're looking for a replacement.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Neverbefore said:

Well, Warnock and pulis are the only two who have refused to play any more than 3 attacking players at any one time. McLaren and karanka were safety first, can't deny that. But we always ensured we had enough players who could do damage at the other end of the pitch which made it much easier to watch. I think that's the main difference really. 

I genuinely don't see a difference between Karanka and Warnock, beyond better players available to Karanka. We were still very much safety first and didn't score any more than a Warnock side

• Confused 1
  • Tom locked this topic